Query: Grow Journals

Greetings, new to forum but not to growing and that is the crux of this question: I see grow journals here and would like to ask, would there be any value to me reposting grow journals I have done for my own site here? Some are 2 years old or so but the point isn’t exactly that, is that in each one of these there is a kind of science experiment going on to investigate a new technique or grow strategy, not a rehash of “My First Northern Lights”. If thats not cool here I am good with it, just testing the waters.

This is an example of what I mean: the point wasn’t to grow a plant, it was to grow specific plants to create a very very specific medicine when done, one not available in any store (dispensary)…but since the growing was a critical part of the overall process, I kept a (probably crappy) journal. Thats one last thing: I have something eating my brain and so there will be mistakes, nature of the beast…but I apologize in advance for each and every one.
Operation Constant Clarity

9 Likes

Welcome to the network

3 Likes

Howdy, great that you joined GN and posted your grow journals here. You are welcome to post your journals. Look forward to seeing your past grows and dank pictures. What strains you growing?

4 Likes

Well if its cool I will then. As for your other question, my “research” grows were things like Black Diesel, CB Diesel (20% CBD in the flower!), White Widow and Tahoe Cure. Right now I have another test-grow going to sorta be the final evolution of a hardware trick I am working on and this time the strain is straight-up Citrus Sap…a test-bed for my probably last crazy idea, the “Wall O Bud” project. You see I live in a totally legal area…and I grow in about every way I can think of but one thing that is just beyond me or maybe my resources is growing in the desert heat here. 120+ F for many days right into the fall/time change, I can keep them misted while vegging but soon as I hit bloom vegging is out and its a race with the weather here. Few hours in the wrong kind of light can micro-wave the heartiest of flowers. Anyhow had to abandon outdoor growing as a practical way to make reliable meds so concentrated on finding new ways to get the max out of what I could do with my indoor tents where I can control everything. It had to be simple too for a couple reasons: 1. I have a brain thing eating away so my knowledge/understanding of things could be gone soon and 2. I have to be able to train others, perhaps folks not so invested in things if you catch my drift.

Anyhow that was point of things but for more precise goals I wanted to see if I could at first just increase the yield possible with a standard tent, strain and grow method/medium. The first at-bat was to just see if I could grow something bigger than normally I could indoors and once that was sorted I modified it to include double the usable weight/bud in the yield; the larger plant only got me part way there; I still had the wide range of buds we all see on typical grows, great colas, decent tops, usable mids and only-good-for-hash air-buds. So my modified goal is to push all of the above into the top two categories and as of the last time around, it worked on two test plants (had normal of the same strain growing side by side) and this trick worked so well my wife forbade me from growing the old way again, it was insane to not grow it this way. Who am I am to say, I am certifible already which brings us to the current grow, the whole crop of two tents, 8 Hempy Buckets and some 12-14 Citrus Sap mutants, The Trellis Project, currently in progress. A really different way to set things up; my own mentor said it was insane but it would probably work so thats where I am.

This is something from the late part of the last grow with the 7 foot CB Diesel plant with shit-loads of tops on my trellis system. BTW 20% CBD in the flower, combined with 30% THC Afternoon Delight was fricking amazing. Anyhoo this also shows FistBud, this mutant cola that grew out of the CB Diesel…
Late 18:1 grow update

5 Likes

Welcome to the GN Family @lbdwarrior
Hope you learn as much as we do here.
Sounds like your my tipe of guy (don’t understand me wrong), but your also from the sound of it a DIY guy with a lot idea’s eating at your brain.
I can promise you, that you are at the right Forum to keep thay busy mind busy and get your questions answered the Best we can. Knowledge is Power and we are NEVER To OLD to LEARN.

Happy Growing :vulcan_salute:

5 Likes

Cheers and yep I have been an inventor all my life and now that my quality of life depends pretty directly on my ability to reliably grow quality meds (and process them into medicine), I put the lifetime of puzzle-solving to this new field. Only obstacle I am having to struggle to continue to defeat is the progressive nature of this. The way this stuff cycles, it sucks when you are (say) in the middle of transplanting something and from one breath to the next have no idea where you are, what you are doing, what you are supposed to be doing, etc. When you are the main one running the show, its easy for things to get derailed. For example at my “peak” I had designed the perfect (for me) fool-proof grow setup, so completely automated it was great and produced pounds of excellent whatever I threw into it for years…gravity fed, multi-rez fed soil-ponics system set up to be plug and play so I could just snatch a mini-pot with vegged plant from veg tent, drop into bloom tent and it auto-plugged into the feed and air system so it just went to bloom and that was that. That was a alot to it, a lot of thought and testing went into it, it was nice, cheap, you could make it for nothing for crap from Walmart…the problem was it required periodic maint. and that became regular and that became frequent and that became I killed a whole crop. Enough…my system ran great until it needed simple maintenance and when I needed to do it, my dementia was too advanced to let me and it was sheer pain. So to took what was left of my nugget, and worked out the best thing I could use and still grow with some self respect were hempy buckets with my old mix, combined with a new setup that takes the same plant and makes more usable bud, meaning I have to manage less stuff now for the same effect. I know in time this will overtake me too but for now, the struggle just to stay in place is the one I have…

6 Likes

@lbdwarrior Have you ever heard of tDCS therapy? My grandmother had dementia and it was only after she had passed that I found out about it. Read a few articles about it helping early dementia patients.

Can’t wait to read your journals. It sounds like you have a lot of valuable information to learn from!

3 Likes

I have heard of it, the Cleveland Clinic said that my own meds were doing better with less side effects and so kept me on that. Adverse reactions to common treatments and therapies is kind of a trade mark of LBD; anti-psychotics make us crazier, opiates can enhance pain, fun stuff like that. For now and the foreseeable future I am sticking with my 18:1 oil…safe, works and I trust it. And like I said the egg heads at Cleveland Clinic admit its safer and more effective that LDopa, et al so just keep doing it. Kinda cool really, something I dreamed about in the 60’s, being in a drug study for pot…

7 Likes

yeah me too on the experimentation! I never show my grow as my “grow” it is always introduced as “my laboratory”:

6 Likes