Question about temperature and humidity control

Hi guys how’s everyone doing!? I had a question about temp and humidity control . Since the heat wave the temps have really shot up in my grow tents to 91 degrees at Max which I know isn’t good . But the room I have one grow tent doesn’t have a air conditioner. So I was using a 6 inch inline fan for intake and 6 inch inline for exhaust as well . I bought a real exhaust fan with a carbon filter just installed it today. All Ive seen so far is just a two degree drop in temperature which isn’t much at all . I thought it would drop it more than that !!! Is the only way to bring the temp down an air conditioner in my room ??? I put the fan towards the back as well I. Amazed I squeezed it in there lol here are some pics… Also with the one tent Im having the heat is upstairs with all autos and I haven’t seen one sign of heat stress actually I’m amazed . But I’m also wondering if that because I use dyna-gro protekt silicon basically every watering !!! Idk . But my grow tent in the basement is also experiencing heat fluctuations and I bought a new exhaust fan for that as well . I should have had proper exhaust fans from the begining !

4 Likes

It all depends on the temps of your lung room if you’re a lung room is hot you’re not going to get it to cool the tent down

3 Likes

The temps are bad, will it get hotter during the months? A quick fix would be to put a bowl of cool/iced water infront of your intake fan. Try and get the outside air away from where the sun is, the shaded side of the house , and keep it is as low to the ground as possible ( cool air is denser than hot air ) . Best solution is a aircon for those temps, or maybe a humidfier could help.

3 Likes

What up @spades90 nice looking grow bro! Fans are always nice for sure! Lol

5 Likes