Questions about CBD

What strains are people using to manage mental health related symptoms?

In Particular:
Depression
Anxiety
PTSD.
Mood disorders.

Have you been a part of any clinical trials?

Do you know of any specific clinics trials (RCT/double blinded) results?

Do you have ancedotal evidence of specific effects from certain strains?

A main barrier for legalisation, I feel, is the current medical community discussing its link to exacerbation of certain mental health related disorders such as schizophrenia.

They also document the side effects of memory impairment, co-ordination issues which I think is predominately dose related.

This is from an Australian perspective where legal marijuana for specific medical conditions and recreational growing has only become an option in the ACT since the 31st.

It’s still criminalised under Federal/National/state/territory laws.

Just looking for knowledge and wisdom from others, feel free to add links to things related.

Cheers.

4 Likes

It all depends on how strong your psychological problems are. In any case, this is not a panacea, but rather a supplement to the course of treatment prescribed to the patient. Travel, new friends and changes in the way you work often solve many psychological problems.

1 Like

Not saying it is.

Just looking to gather some knowledge. Better if it’s RCT.

Mostly it’s ancedotal.

New study this side of the world looks at actual insomnia patient and running trials.

http://www.news.uwa.edu.au/2018043010572/world-first-cannabis-trial-looks-treat-insomnia?page=show

1 Like

https://www.australianclinicaltrials.gov.au/anzctr/trial/ACTRN12618000078257

1 Like

"Mother of Barry " If you look it up it has in all around systemic top to bottom use for all medical ,PTSD , Insomnia, Natia, The list goes on, Check it out,

2 Likes

I seem to recall seeing in a Netflix documentary that the leading authorities on medicinal use of cannabis comes from The Jewish Hospital in Jerusalem. If I remember correctly it was the only place where cannabis research was encouraged even though the pharmaceutical companies are not too keen on it…
So you might want to check Netflix for that documentary or check on the Jewish hospitals or universities for research…
If I find any more info regarding the documentary, I will pass it along!

2 Likes

I think it was this one :

Weed the People

2 Likes

Here are some of the research I found :

And this one :

The first paragraph since the preview is not very precise :
Abstract: Short overviews are presented on the historical uses of cannabis in the Middle East and on the more
recent scientific and medical research on phytocannabinoids and the endocannabinoid system, with emphasis
on research contributions from Israel. These are followed
by examples of research projects and clinical trials with
cannabinoids and by a short report on the regulation of
medical marijuana in Israel, which at present is administered to over 22,000 patients.
Keywords: anandamide; 2-arachidonoyl glycerol (2-AG);
cannabidiol (CBD); tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).

Hope this helps!

A good place to look is ProjectCBD

I posted to this page a couple other links to CBD reviews, FAQ’s etc.

3 Likes

You may mean this man. Raphael Mechoulam Instrumental in early studies. Think he is the reason we have an understanding of what THC and its receptors.

1 Like

Exactly! That’s the man.

What site are you using to look up the details on this one?