QWET testing at a reasonable price?

I make a lot of tinctures and it’s always a few days of experimentation to guess the potency. Is there an inexpensive tester that can accurately test the THC content of an ethanol solution?

4 Likes

Not inexpensive that I’ve found yet. For quality test. But you get your money’s worth for sure, like you can test 100 times a day i think.

4 Likes

The GemmaCert device tests dry flower buds, ground material, and crude extract/concentrates.

3 Likes

yeah, I would expect that liquid cromotography is better for tincture and probably cheaper, but I can’t find anything for less than 250 (t check) and I’ve heard even that one is not super accurate.

5 Likes

I don’t know anyone that’s run it. So all i know is the marketing

1 Like

Here is one I saw on Highigan YouTube Channel, but it’s not cheap in my opinion. The one you need is about $399.99.

5 Likes

Heya @Greenbert , luckily had access to a sage tester and the gemma cert. The tests came out very different for the cannabinoid profiles. I am a little skeptical as to the accuracy of these midrange machines, and would rather leave it to private laboratories to test with more accuracy. Let me see if I can find the test results.

3 Likes

It’s fine, usually I get the right concentration through 2 or 3 trial and error “tastings” but it can take a while and I can really only run one test per day.

2 Likes