RE-infusing Tincture

I made some really weak EverClear tincture and would like to run it through again BUT
I was wondering, since a lot of the alcohol/solvent would have evaporated the first time through will there be enough to extract more from another run with fresh material?

Or am I wasting time and weed?

Inquiring minds and all that…

3 Likes
4 Likes

Was it the 190 proof Everclear? Did you reduce it, evaporate some alcohol out of it? If your answer is yes to the first question and no to the second question then you still have the same alcohol. When I make mine I usually start with three half-gallon jars full of trim. I fill the first one with alcohol give it a good shake throw it back in the freezer for 3 to 5 minutes then I pour it off into the second jar. Top it off with a little more alcohol because you lose some in the dried flour. Then I do the same for the third jar. I wind up with some pretty strong concentrate. You can also make extremely strong alcohol using Kief.

4 Likes

Thanks @nacho151! That is the answer I was hoping for.

5 Likes

After watching that video, I might add you are using alcohol. So there’s no heat involved instead there’s cold. So if you were to use the same amount of the same flower you would more than likely double your potency. :+1:t3:

4 Likes

I use 1 oz of weed to 1 cup of MCT and infuse it in an Ardent FX. If I want it really potent I add some decarbed bubble hash to the mix! Lol!

3 Likes

I do use heat. I have a Levo2 machine so I do tincture the same way I do MCT.
I tried the cold Green Dragon process but didn’t like the results.

This batch was only 1/2 oz to 1 cup of EverClear. I’ll double that.

Hmm, decarbed bubble hash… genus!

4 Likes