Ready to Start!

Hey everyone, I’m Dash from Sunny LA, CA. During this situation the world is in, I’ve finally decided to begin the journey of growing my own Cannabis.

I’ve been telling myself I was going to do this for two years now but was always busy and never got to it, guess you can call it timing.

My seeds should be here in a couple of weeks. My first three plants will be Super Lemon Haze, Blueberry, and Amnesia#7. Very excited about this and where things will go from here.

So far I’ve just been studying up, watching YouTube videos, and taking notes on the process. Definitely plan on documenting this first go around too!!! Wish me luck and I’m open to and all tips and pointers!

10 Likes

@dashapproved.
Welcome to growers network. :wave::wave:
Lots of knowledgeable folks here on all aspects of our craft. :wink:
Tell us a bit about your set up and plans
.How Much space do you want to grow in.
With 3 plants a 4x4 area or tent would work well. But as anyone here can tell you. There is never enough room :grin:
Looking forward to seeing your set up and grow. :+1::v:

9 Likes

Welcome to GN @dashapproved. Glad you have taken the leap into growing your own homegrown. Sounds like a great bunch of genetics and looking forward to seeing your grow. Shout if you have any questions.

7 Likes

Welcome to GN @dashapproved! :nerd_face:
Plenty of good, green vibes sent your way for your first grow :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Tips and pointers :
If you’re not sure of something, ask! There’s always somebody that will answer eventually.
If you want to tag someone, do it by putting the @ in front of their names, like @dashapproved, that way, they’ll get notified.
Have an idea of your goals for your grow… Do you want buds worthy of the cover of High Times or just quality smoke… This helps, because most of the growers will give you the best advices to achieve the greatest results. But sometimes, when you start, less is more… find out what you want and then invest your money wisely and you’ll get great results.
First 2 things I’ve learned here :
1 : Patience!
2: Smoking cannabis is not addictive, but growing is!

Have a great day!

8 Likes

Welcome @dashapproved ! :smiley: good luck, you got this! :dealwithitparrot:

5 Likes

@dashapproved hi & welcome

5 Likes

Hey @Oldguy!

Thanks for the welcome!
For my setup, I’m kind of torn between planting them outside on my patio (definitely large enough with areas receiving direct sunlight) OR getting a 4x4 grow tent and taking care of them that way. I live in a condo with a neighbor on my right and two above me. Good thing is, they all indulge in cannabis as well so I wouldn’t have to worry about any smells disturbing anyone.
Main goal is to be able to produce a quality smoke with high yields and then work on growing some AWARD WINNING bud Lol

7 Likes

Thank for the welcome and the pointers @kapouic!

My main goal is starting is to just learn the growing process hands on and be able to produce buds with quality smoke. Once that’s achieved then going after the awards and accolades will definitely be next Lol

I think where I’m torn at though is whether to grow outdoor or indoor :sweat_smile:
I know both require patience, which is what I’m really looking to gain from this journey Lol

6 Likes

If you are growing outdoors, usually you’ll get a bigger harvest but controlling the climate is a lot harder… :wink: And it’s also harder to hide …
If you growing indoors, more expensive to start, but easier to control the climate with the right tools…

8 Likes

Welcome @dashapproved… grow outside they are big with high yield and very high quality smoke…lol…sorry do as you want… indoor is stealthier and you have more control but outdoors is where the 8-10’ or even higher grow…lol… can you tell where my passion is… anyways never feel like you can’t ask and there are people from around the world on here so some one is always up to answer a question at some point…

8 Likes

Thanks @Ladithief

I think I am leaning a bit mooooore on the outside grow. That feeling of being a farmer/gardener screams therapeutic relief Hahaha

Worse case scenario, is it possible to start a grow outdoor and then transition to indoor if situations arise?

5 Likes

Some people do that, but the bugs that are outside can now be inside and can wipe your crop very quickly., I haven’t grown outdoors since the 70’s, a lot of people will chime in with more advise :wink:

5 Likes

Welcome!

I just wanted to chime in and tell you that those people that also indulge that live around you might be the first thieves. Be careful, outdoor growing near other people increases your odds of theft.

5 Likes

Welcome @dashapproved… Glad to see another local So Cal member… I’m in the IE right next door to LA… Good luck… Growin will change your life and perspective about cannabis… Once you grow your own you will see lol… I’m same scenario neighbors above and side to side but thankfully mine are cool too… Good people willing to help any way we can here :call_me_hand::seedling::herb::palm_tree:

6 Likes

I bet if you had a pitbull they’d think twice about jumping that fence LoL… I definitely get that tho :+1:

4 Likes

Welcome @dashapproved
You will like it here!
Happy growing… you got this!
Like @kapouic said …smoking not addictive…but growing IS!!!:green_heart:

7 Likes

You have a great point!
That’s definitely something I considered, luckily there’s a few blind spots that I can place them where they’ll be out of sight, out of mind.

And word to @scotty17, I have two dogs that keeps the patio intruder free :smile:

5 Likes

Thanks @bobette!

Yea this is a really cool platform, I plan to stick around for awhile Lol
And I’m definitely going adopt that quote “Smoking’s not addictive… but growing IS!!!”

5 Likes

Wuts up @dashapproved!
Fellow socal grower here, from the OC.
Definetly should grow outside, if ya got the space.
I move mine back n forth inside n outside all the time… my thinkin is like when you buy new pond fish you let it “acclimate” to its new enviroment before releasing.
Was hesitant to grow outside due to of all things a nosy black helicopter who loves patrolling suspiciously close…
Solution: 4 year 55% WHITE greenhouse film/plastic. It will get hot, so i added window flaps with some shade cloth sewn in.
#prop 64

5 Likes

Welcome, I’ve been here a short time myself but have learned a ton! Everyone here is willing to help one way or another!
I’m from the central valley, so north of you!

4 Likes