Real estate

Has anyone had any experience when finding investors that have appraised their real estate and get an appraisal subject to value for lights and equipment that are put into a grow. I argue with investors saying that you are investing into a piece of property that is in need of repairs so of course the value will be less. However, when lights and other grow necessities are installed into that same piece of property value will increase just like it would in a house you buy, renovate and sell. Problem is they somewhat agree but want proof. I have had no luck in finding appraisers to confirm or deny my theory. Any help out there would be appreciated

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure if they would be useful, but could be worth giving this company a call: https://cannabisrealestateconsultants.com/

1 Like

I have a few underwriters I know who may be able to answer this question. Based on recent conversations I have had with the real estate community, it seems many underwriters with larger companies still have a degree of trepidation with underwriting assets related to cannabis businesses. The Farm Bill has helped quell their concerns, but there still remains an underlying sense of fear about the current federal scheduling of cannabis. In Arizona, there are a few smaller companies that are blazing the path forward and underwriting loans for cannabis businesses.

@RealEstate should be able to chime in here and offer some guidance as well.