Received notice that my dissertation on the cannabis industry will receive Federal funding

Today is a pretty exciting day for me. It was a long shot, but I received notice that the National Science Foundation will fund a national survey of the cannabis industry that I will spearhead as the principle investigator. This dissertation project was 1 of 15 nationally that outright received funding this year in Sociology.

In my personal opinion it is a serious sign that times are changing and despite the ongoing war on drugs, people are eager to finally facilitate sorely needed research on this industry. This is small glimmer of validation that this industry could experience windfall of research support to understand all aspects of cannabis from pharmacological to sociological, despite ongoing uncertainty about public research funding.

12 Likes

@akinney we are so proud of the work and research that you are doing! Congratulations on your funding! We don’t need to remind you what a big deal it is for your research to receive federal funding given the scope of your work…but it is a BIG DEAL!! Big ups, brother!

5 Likes

Thanks @Growernick you were instrumental to this effort. Also thanks Growers Network for being an awesome resource that has been immensely helpful thus far in this effort, and continues to be a strong source of support to bring evidence based cannabis information to the light of day.

5 Likes

It is our humble pleasure to assist in such noteworthy academic endeavors. We at GN are supporters of the work that you continue to do. Sally forth in your efforts! We are very here to continue in our support. We look forward to seeing the outcome of your research.

4 Likes

Congratulations @akinney. Would love to learn more about the topic of your dissertation.

6 Likes

Wow, congratulations!

6 Likes

Congrats! Good job!

6 Likes

Woot Woot!! I wish I could “heart” this message more than once.

Congrats!

5 Likes

Sweet news. Congratulations

4 Likes

Fantastic news! Gratz!! Looking forward to your findings.

4 Likes

Congratulations…this is quite an accomplishment! I look forward to your results.

3 Likes