Reflective material

from my research on light refelective material flat white paint is about as good and easy to put up as the other options what yall think flat white paint will work good will be easy to apply and easy to clean?

5 Likes

Clean lol.i just repaint takes way less time .I did wash things down this crop w bleach a few times but that was a precautionary measure… instead of cleaning just use a prokure g pack after spraying "spray and grow "or bleach ,peroxide etc… Save energy too. But ya I’m ready to write my redseal as a painter flat white is better than mylar imo the stuff collects dust like crazy and nothing like a fresh paint job to clean ur room up.btw add copper oxide to the paint fungus hates the stuff.

3 Likes

I think it is the cheapest option to use. And the higher end of the reflectivity scale for all intents and purposes.

3 Likes

Black and whit poly is cheap, easy to use, clean and replace if needed. Plus it is useful for multiple purposes such as on the floor or to cover windows to keep light from shining out/into your garden.

2 Likes

@treedawg noooooo flat paint!!!.. HIGH GLOSS all the way bro

10 years ago before my break I had 2 10x10 rooms… Tarped the ceilings and floors and painted high gloss all the way around worked out great and by tarping a sealing off the rooms I didn’t deal with pest issues

1 Like

Here’s a great video about it.

4 Likes

One factor to consider is how far away will your plants be from those walls. As photons disperse from the light source ,they focus of the pattern gets less and less. If you are talking inches away. Then a highgloss waterproof easy clean paint will work. Otherwise the film is a good option aswell. If you are feet away from the wall. It will have little to no effect. And I’d then reccomend support lights.

3 Likes

Definitely film for sure paint will never be as reflective as that buuuut if your gonna paint instead of reflective rolls high gloss for sure … Shit even foil will work better lol

1 Like

Foil does but it breaks the refraction. And that can lead to unusual growth patterns

1 Like

I was just saying bro… I’d never use it… I definitely get it​:v::+1::seedling::herb::palm_tree:… To each is own if it’s in the budget nice if not we always make due with what we have to work with

2 Likes

How big is your grow space?
I use car window screen reflectors, also easy to clean.
I use them outside, around my plants, because of my grow location and surrounding interferences (trees and buildings).

2 Likes

Gloss paint is only 65% reflective flat white is 92-97% reflective. Top quality mylar is only 1% better at best;) mylar is often only 93% .plastic often creates mold just saying, tho I have lots on my windows and use as interior walls but never on exteriors.may be ok in socal but not many other places in the world :wink: too cold will grow mold if a fan shuts down .I have seen it in many gardens upon tear down (and they wondered where the mold was coming from lol)

3 Likes

If everyone wants a reflectivity chart posted I’ll post a pic a bit later;) they are common

3 Likes

Did you know a mirror is as low as 65% reflective and only as much as 85 %ish lol surprising eh?

2 Likes

Flat white is as reflective as anything U can use. I use polypro Bc it serves a dual purpose. I use it as my walls of my grow space and it’s already to go as reflective. No need to paint or cover. It is super easy to wipe down and clean and sturdier than plastic or panda film. The one downside to it is u need to put two sheets back to back reflective sides out or light will leak thru.

But the other day I was having a problem with one flower room being too hot so I slid a piece of poly pro out opened it up to my other flower room and problem solved. It’s super easy to work with. Another plus.

It can also b put together as simply as with a roll of gorilla tape.

Realistically, 4 pieces of polypro, a roll of gorilla tape, a tarp, a zipper, 2hours, and a corner of a room and easily u have a pop up 8 x 8 room. Less than 100$.

It won’t b an Oceanside condo but it will b a light tight space that has a controllable environment.

2 Likes

Space blankets!! Attach to a piece of 1/4" masonite. Easy to wipe maintain, super cheap!