Root Pouch for Cannabis Growing

Root Pouch planting containers offer different density fabrics for each stage of your grow.

We have containers for every stage of growth, from clones/seedlings, to the vegetative stage to the flowering stage as well as for the mothers…

Our fabric planting containers made from recycled water bottles + natural fibers

Seedling

Propagation bags are great for small plants, they encourage a healthy root structure from the beginning.

Thin BlackCharcoal
Recommended: Thin Black and Charcoal

Our products can help increase your yields and push your cannabis operation to the next level

Let us help you maximize plant health

Look out for more innovative content on our pouches for:

The Vegetative Stage

Flowering Stage

Mother Plants

For more information, send me a message @RootPouch

5 Likes

I love root pouches! I have grown many pounds of great flower in mine

4 Likes

Very cool. I was on the GeoPot kick for a while. Then Aeropots. Im always switching it up.

4 Likes

Thanks for the love Nick, we love working with our growers. Do have pictures you can share with us? Which fabric do you use?

3 Likes

I’ve used them all but prefer the black. The brown 15 gals are great for outdoors in my climate because they don’t absorb the heat. I was able to dig up a few photos from past grows indoors:

2 Likes

These are great, thanks for sharing, Yes, a lot of our indoor growers like Caliva and Phat Panda love our charcoal line.

These are photos from these grows.

3 Likes

Hello! I’d be happy to send you more info and samples on our Root Pouches? Which gallon sizes do you typically use and where are you located?

3 Likes

Im in Los Angeles. I use 4-5 gallon size.

:astonished:

4 Likes

Sorry but no disrespect but I avoid all fabric root bags.
The bottom holds to much water and will be soggy.
They must be elevated. Sitting in saucer is trouble.
Plus the fabric acts as a filter and steals nutrients, becomes crusty, then slimy and is a breeding ground for molds and bugs. By By biology. Depending on your media, conditions, organic vs salts can all effect what I mentioned or the rate at which it happens. Coco holds more water, and always remains wet keep that in mind.
When you use root bags be aware of air pruning.
It’s completely different than growing in containers.
Air pruning is debatable. I still don’t have a verdict on air pruning.
Root bags work very well but I prefer non fabric or something that does not absorb and store water.
Air pruning makes for a nice uniform bush.
Root bags sit nice and low steady base good for tents.
Here are a few more downsides that I noticed with all root bags fabric, nylon, pvc, vinyl. They do a very bad job of retaining heat. At night when the air temp drops to 68-69F in my garden, after a long 12hr night, the roots will cool off to 63F. Elevated.
Small 1-3 gal bags cool off really fast and stay cold all night.
Do you guys know what happends when wet soil and roots become 63F at night? Even well off the floor it still happens. The breeze and wind chill inside s tent just like outside.
Now I use heating mats on top of the root bags to keep the roots at 70-72F at night with cooler tops in the upper 60’s. Cool tops warm roots. @ethan b
The black absorbs sunlight and cooks the roots in the sun and drys out really fast. Be aware of that.
Tan ppl tan!
Invest in better quality root bags like PVC or vinyl. Certain nylon bags are ok to. I’m using the same plastic root bags for over 2 years I wash with vinegar like brand new every grow.
I’m a huge fan of root bags but I been there done that no more fabric or old rags for pots.
K

@RootPouch if you can design somerthing non absorbant, food grade, optional stitched handles, with some type of anti-microbial built in the material and offer a variety of light colors, I will buy it. There are ppl paying $18 plus shipping for 1 5 gal high quality root bag. Give me something in the middle.
Offer me something that I can recycle, clean, and use over and over with a 5yr warranty like the competition. Something that I can have ornamental flowers in and show off to my friends while bringing to shows.
The more sizes the better including 2 gal please.
I’m sorry for talking your product down.
This is a competitive industry.
Not oh this works but it’s $5 cheaper.
Give me the best darn thing and I don’t care how much it cost because of what it does to the final product both quality and yeild.
K

2 Likes

From my experience the fabric pots are dam good. they have protection against UV. usually black, which helps keep roots warm. they do the same functuon as aero pots it terms of roots hitting the sides of the pot. And as long as you keep them elevated you wont have any issues.

3 Likes

Do you keep your bottoms up of the table? Late in the grow the roots on the sides get dry and stop growing at my place. That seems normal to me…

3 Likes

Check out some Pot Elevators. They may just change your mind about fabric pots…

2 Likes

Interesting discussion.
I just look after different flower pots.
Wondered whether the sun standing in the black pots, which do not get warm from the sun, have no negative effect on the roots in this way?

3 Likes

feel free to shoot me an email with your mailing address and I can get you some samples. ashley@rootpouch.com

4 Likes

Sorry to hear that you have had bad experience with fabric pots. At Root Pouch we do have several different densities and sizing options, including 2 gallons. I would be happy to get you samples, and our 15 gallons are more around the $3-$5 range depending on the fabrics desired and if you want handles or no handles. We have options for re-using them, and options for growers that want to use them once and done. I would be happy to chat with you, and learn how we can work together. But understand if you like the system you are using! @Growernick is right, pot elevators on larger sizes is something some of our growers use. Hope you are well!

3 Likes

Hello! we have several different colors of pots, so if you don’t like black you can get a different color. However, since it is fabric and not hard plastic the sun doesn’t affect the roots and attract the heat as much!

3 Likes

Got em and use elevators but I see alot if ppl not using elevators and allow their plants to sit in saucers. Some ppl can’t vaccume out runoff in the suacers because they didn’t get big enough saucers for their bags.
Some growers don’t understand both organic and salts programs must achieve 10-20% runoff evey watering root bag or plastic pot. No excetotions.

Roots excrete waste and that should to be flushed out the pot every watering.

Even with elevators, fabric bags, can remain soggy at the bottom.

Don’t take my word look how many grow facilities are using white/tan vinyl and PVC root bags now instead of fabric.

K

4 Likes

Chuck, you might be seeing air pruning.
Root bags and Rootpouch will cause roots to grow out the sides or bottom then dry out and die off. This causes a chain reaction and creates a wonderful rhizoshpere and results in 1 awesome bush.
It is normal to see roots as they poke through and die off. In Aquaponic systems or certain Ebb and Flow roots will grow and reach for water out the botrom of the fabric as their source of water and not die off. It can turn into a mess of roots getting tangling with others plants in a flood table.
When I tranfer into a root bag, it takes 6-7 days for roots to grow out the bag and begin air pruning.
In 3 weeks it’s game on!
Yes if you live in cooler conditions, black could help warm up your roots. Black will also fry your roots in summer sun.
Everyone’s conditions are differnent so talk to @RootPouch and they will help you find the right bag for the job.

3 Likes

Hi Ashley, i do use fabric pots and have reused them in the past. I would like seeing your pots. We use 3 gallon pots on our tables with out risers. I about to up pot some of the plants for spring growing. We have used 100 gallons pots for the larger ones and some left over 10 to 15 gallon ones. Some plastic and some plastic.
It would be nice to see some samples. my e mail is tbi200453@yahoo.com. Please e mail me and i’ll send you my address. Thanks Chuck

4 Likes