Root zone ec, run off ph,ec

I recently began feeding cannabis on an industry level. In my department we use feed to waste, coco and Flora flex nutrients.
I’m trying to determine the best way to create that perfect root zone EC. What’s the best way to determine how much to feed, what’s the best EC for cannabis root zone during flower and how do I get to that. I have all the instruments I need for testing, just kind of new to the drain to waste method. Any advice?

4 Likes

Thats a slightly loaded question. Simply put you should be reading the runoff for a select group of plants after the coco has been fully saturated with very minimal to no runoff for 30-45 minutes. Then add a little more and collect that runoff and test for each plant. Look for 50-100 ml of runoff for your sample from each. 2.5-3.0 EC is what I understand you should see in a commercial flower room. Don’t take that and run with it though. I don’t work in the industry and just obtained that a basic info from a short 3 article google search.

3 Likes

It also depends on the ppm/EC you’re starting with. Plus the fact that every nutrient company advertises a different number for their nutrients. They are all different. We would need a whole lot more information about what you were doing to make suggestions. Size of your grow would be helpful because a lot of the suggestions we would make would be for a small home grow not for a large commercial grow.Two completely different situation.

3 Likes