Root Zone - Will heating roots increase yield?

I was recently in touch with Roots who got me really excited about a new solution they have for growers! Their video was very enlightening, so I copied it below for our members to pick up what they are putting down :wink:

Roots will be hosting our weekly AMA this Wednesday 1/23/19. The founders and technical experts are flying to the USA to meet @growopowners @mastergrowers @DispensaryOwners on the West Coast. Please respond to this if you’d like to meet them!

6 Likes

Will do! Please attend the AMA on Wednesday to ask questions and directly connect.

3 Likes

There are some Botanists which have proven this.

3 Likes

Would the temperatures above ground still have a significant impact on flowering? Wondering as New Jersey is indoor only with not optimal seasons. If it could be option for greenhouse grows in the future?

4 Likes

In our greenhouses where we grow over 21,000sqft.
of just basil, our hydroponic water drops from 91 to 71 degrees from summer to winter. The growth cycle takes 5 days longer from transplant to harvest and germination of seeds goes from 4 days to 10 days with unheated water. Heating your seeds during germination is only appropriate where the soil or medium temperature is below optimum, similar to a nice two weeks in early spring 60 - 65F, in a normal environment. This is not new news for growers, just new to people who grow weed since the communications were stifled for decades. Always try to mimic the environment of which the plant grows in it’s native environment.

6 Likes

@njgrowsolutions These are great questions! Please attend our weekly AMA tomorrow to ask, or else I will and tag you in it to make sure your questions are answered!

(🍃 AMA With Boaz Wachtel Co-Founder of RootsSat.com Weds January 23rd th 11 AM PST)

2 Likes

@marksman954 interesting! Could you provide any material on this?

1 Like

Mimicking natural environments makes sense to me! Excellent info @pamsplants500

2 Likes

I can send pictures, otherwise it is just common knowledge here.

On that note, the future of agriculture is going to be very enlightening. Previously, farmers just held knowledge in their heads and shared it with their families or others who worked intimately in their fields. My uncles, in their 70’s, have more information on farming their region than the information available online. As we know, many of these family farms are being sold to larger conglomerates since the kids would rather build software, hardware and supply customer support rather than buck bales and fix tractors in the field. It behooves us to interview local farmers to gleam as much about the region as possible before the information is lost to the conglomerates building drone software.

-Pam

4 Likes

Sad, but true. The times, they are a-changin.

1 Like

Please pick the brains of the founders of this technology on today’s AMA!

(🍃 AMA With Boaz Wachtel Co-Founder of RootsSat.com Weds January 23rd th 11 AM PST)

2 Likes

Yes Canopy temp is important but Root Temp is more important. if u stabilze Root zone temp year round - cool diuring the summer and heat during the winter your yiedl will increase for sure. even in under 0 celsius we gotten significant yield increase out doors

3 Likes

Sure visit rootssat.com - plenty of case studies
we cooled and heated cannabis roots in greenhouse and out doors and we received over 40% yield increase
what’s your e mail will send further info

3 Likes