🍃 AMA With Boaz Wachtel Co-Founder of RootsSat.com Weds January 23rd th 11 AM PST

@memberdirectory you will not want to miss this one.

This AMA is going to be with the co-founder and inventor of a disruptive technology in the marketplace that helps to drastically increase yields through ground loop for root zone temperature optimization.

Who: Boaz Wachtel - Co-Founder of ROOTSSAT.COM
What: Yield increase technology via root zone heating and cooling
Where: Growers Network Private Forum
When: Wednesday, January 23rd at 11 AM PST

Boaz Wachtel - Co - Founder and inventor at ROOTSSAT.COM (traded on ASX -ROO)

• Developer of ideas with IP into the marketplace,
  • Marketing consultant.
  • Medical Cannabis Development pioneer in Israel

Inventor (4 US Patents) 3 of them in Agriculture; (PCT patents granted in in major food producing countries around the world.

1. Ground loop for root zone temperature optimization technology, (WorldWatch Institute’s official blog “Innovation of the week”. In a commercial phase. Food yield increase technology via root zone heating and cooling with Ground Source Heat Exchange and/or special Heat Pumps.
  2. Irrigation with condensation from the air, (NASA Brief Tech Magazine Tech of the month)

Multidisciplinary (Medical Cannabis and Agriculture) bi-cultural professional,
MA - Management and Marketing from Maryland U. USA.
Certified Clinical Research Manager.

Chairman of Creso Pharma - a medical cannabis/hemp Australian publicly traded nutraceutical company. (traded on Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) Symbol CPH
Co-founder and former CEO of Australia’s first publicly traded medical cannabis company - MMJPhytotec. (traded on ASX - MMJ)

7 Likes

It’s going to be a great AMA!!!

3 Likes

I’m excited about this AMA. This is the first AMA in GNET history to take place in Israel, marking a new international milestone for us. Boaz, thanks for taking the time out of your evening to be with us on Growers Network!

2 Likes

Grownick you and all others are welcome. waiting for your questions

Boaz

3 Likes

Boaz, it sounds like you come from quite a multidisciplinary background. What first made you interested in a venture into cannabis?

1 Like

Its a long story but in the 90s HIV epidemic i was treating addicts with Ibogaine and saw what Cannabis did for them and that got me started

2 Likes

That’s fascinating. I have long been a proponent of harm reduction as a model for treating addiction. With your work treating addicts with ibogaine, did you find that harm reduction was a better model for approaching addiction treatment as opposed to the abstinence model (i.e. Just Say No approach)?

What are your thoughts on using cannabis or kratom in the treatment of addicts?

1 Like

Dont have experience with Jartom but if any drug addict gets on cannabis instead of all the heard staff thats a victory

3 Likes

I could not agree more!

What made you passionate about cannabis? Why did you start your businesses? What drove you to Roots?

1 Like

I am an old timer in Cannabis since 1995 when I was a public rep in a govrnment cannabis committee. Then started a foundation for drug laws reform adn in 1999 started a cannabis legalization and medicalization party that won 1-1.5% of national vote. In roots we also developed irrigation by condensation technology. We can irrigate crops including cannabis just from humidity in the air.

2 Likes

It’s always so great to have pioneers in our AMA series. Thanks for your passionate dedication to the cause. It’s efforts like yours that paved the way for all of us to be here today. We humbly appreciate you.

What was your favorite part of your community organizing and political engagement?

1 Like

Growing in the desert is a challenge. Water can be very scarce for long periods of time here so your technology is of special interest to me. Can you share a little about how your technology works and why growers might consider implementing your designs into their cultivation facilities?

1 Like

@njgrowsolutions asked in another thread:

Would the temperatures above ground still have a significant impact on flowering? Wondering as New Jersey is indoor only with not optimal seasons. If it could be option for greenhouse grows in the future?

2 Likes

@pamsplants500 mentioned: "In our greenhouses where we grow over 21,000sqft.
of just basil, our hydroponic water drops from 91 to 71 degrees from summer to winter. The growth cycle takes 5 days longer from transplant to harvest and germination of seeds goes from 4 days to 10 days with unheated water. Heating your seeds during germination is only appropriate where the soil or medium temperature is below optimum, similar to a nice two weeks in early spring 60 - 65F, in a normal environment. This is not new news for growers, just new to people who grow weed since the communications were stifled for decades. Always try to mimic the environment of which the plant grows in it’s native environment. "

That leads me to my question: This method has been well known in agriculture. What makes your technology new and exciting in cannabis?

2 Likes

WE use ground source heat exchange with vertically inserted coils with close cycle water circulation just with circulation pump and achive 10-12 Degree Celsius heating and cooling with 10% energy compared with air heating or cooling. We add heat pump if needs be for an extra delta on top of the stable water temp emerging from the coils and placed at the root zone level.

4 Likes

That is an option now for indoor growers as well. YOu can reduce air heating or cooling by few degrees due to roots heating and cooling and save significant energy just by lowering air heating and cooling

3 Likes

That is fascinating! Forgive me if I am trying to wrap my mind around this: are you utilizing geothermal forces to achieve this tremendous energy savings?

1 Like

We are irrigating with humidity from the air just at night when the humidity levels are X few times of day. even in arid or semi arid areas it could be used

2 Likes

yes sir - shallow ground source heat exchange its called

2 Likes

That’s amazing. About how far into the ground do you have to penetrate?

1 Like