Rooting plugs who's is using them and what type?

Rooting plugs, rapid rooter, ect. What brands? Why? Size preference?
I have tested a few methods for seedlings.

1. Rockwool love/hate it.
  2. Jiffy#5 peat pellets.
  3. Soil

Test

1. Parkseed biodome plugs. I use these for seeds in my garden. I love these.

These small plugs make the roots grow down and resist root encircling.
  2. Parkseed large bio plug and float tray. They fit into my 30 and 60 plug float trays.

I may use a couple of these for clones to see what the clone does in a float table.
3 Likes

Her is what a bean root does in the tray. And it works pretty good.

Burgundy beans do not transplant well at all. And these plugs got me a 83% success rate.

4 Likes

I’m trying out Midas products. Let you know how it goes

2 Likes

Ok thats nice to have more feedback.

2 Likes

Rapid rooters love these

2 Likes

The rapid rooter seems to be very popular. I tend to use what i have left over. But when i get into something i like i tend to over do it.
I like these little float trays in these bio domes.

I wish they made a 12 larger sites tray.

1 Like

I love the root riot plugs! They are the only things I’ll be using to start seeds. I built a little airoponic bucket that I use for my cloning now. But I love them hands down over rockwool or peatmoss plugs.

6 Likes

This time I’m using my old method of Rockwool cubes but I’m like @Tygrow78 Root Riot pods are my go to usually. I had already started the cloning process and I looked in the closet to find I was all out of Root Riot pods so Rockwool it was. It’s taken me 14 days for these roots. The Root Riot pic is from 10 days in the cloning tray.

4 Likes

Nice clone trays. Do they float? I like the floating ones just because the moisture level is not so wet. Less of the plug hits actual water so its not as saturated.

3 Likes

Thanks! No, it doesn’t float but I purposely keep it raised up so the roots reach for the water.

3 Likes

Your clones are looking great and thriving in your tray! The roots on that root riot plug are absolutely sick man!!

4 Likes

Ahh great idea! I like to fill the float tray up it can go as high as 2.5 inches. Do you use an air pump? I want try and add a small air pump to see what the clones would do.

These clones are about to jump out of the cloner.

6 Likes

MUCH appreciated brother! Yeah, that’s a pretty self-explanatory reason why I’m partial to the Root Riot pods. Lol. I love those things! I’ve never used peat moss bro. What’s that like?

1 Like
1 Like

I’m using them right now in my white widow grow because I was in a pinch. I live out in the sticks so I shop online and didn’t get the plugs in time. You just have to be careful watering them. The peat moss doesn’t have as good of an airflow as the plugs. I’ll never use them again.

1 Like

I haven’t used one of those cloners. I’m stuck in the past. Like 14 days for roots lol. Do they work good?

1 Like

Shit yeah amazing cloning speeds. Roots are 3x bigger than just soil or rockwool cubes in flood trays.

Roots 2 days ago!

3 Likes

Holy roots Preyman!! SHEESH!! How long were those in the turbo cloner for?

2 Likes

Sounds like we were both in the same predicament. Next time I’ll just wait to clone until I make sure I have my Root Riot pods. However, looking at @preybird1and that turbo cloner has me thinking :thinking: I need to get back on track to building mine. However, I’m a grower and an IT guy, not a handy man. :rofl: I’ll make sure to post it when I finally get it built though.

2 Likes

Send me the link of the model you have

1 Like