Rosin consistency

I have a nug smasher mini and i like to make flower rosin with it but my rosin comes out very gooey i am pressing an 1/8 at a time 90 micron bags at 210 degrees is there any way that i could get more of a wax or budder consistency?

8 Likes

In my experience it depends on the strain quite a bit. I actually prefer the gooey, I generally press between 160 and 170° I usually do about a one minute warm-up on the flower and then around four minute squish. I just did four different strains about a week ago and they’re all different. One is gooey one is semi dense not gooey at all and then one is like butter and the fourth one is in between gooey and dense. I pressed all four of them exactly the same.

Here’s a couple of pictures.

8 Likes

Now that looks like a yummy breakfast.

7 Likes

Ehat press are you using @happilyretired ?

7 Likes

I built my own. It’s a 12 ton. If you go to the beginning in my journal there’s pictures of it there. :+1:t3::v:t3:

8 Likes

Ill check it out may send you a message here shortly after i take a peek. I just dont really want to spend 1000 on a decent press for personal use lol

7 Likes

If you can weld and have access to a welder you can build one for quite a bit less I can tell you all the exact things to get you can order all your electronics off of Amazon.:+1:t3:

7 Likes

Go to YouTube, search green jean videos. There’s one on building press plates that you can just mount onto a table top press. so if you already have a press in your garage you can just build the plates and the controller. Then you can multipurpose your press and don’t have to build a complete separate unit. Just a thought for you in case you have a press sitting in your garage.

7 Likes

Interesting for sure!

6 Likes

Do you let yours cure? If so how? I usually just smoke it right after i make it lol

8 Likes

I make it and I smoke it or I decarboxylat it and cook with it. Then I grow more make more and so on

8 Likes

Rinse and repeat! Man im gonna do this someday.

7 Likes

@PreyBird1 i use to only basically only do dabs for several years once you switch flower gets a bit harsh especially in a bowl. However i pack green everytime 1 hitter bong slide way to go. @happilyretired as far as warm up flower you mean gently pressed on the plates before you squish? And you do low temps want that terpy stuff aye? Looks great brother

7 Likes

Yeah I’m just warming up the flower before I press it. Get a lot more out of it that way, at least it seems that way. Whenever I press up around 200 or higher it’s more like shatter and when I try to scrape it off the parchment paper and just blow shit everywhere. that’s why I like it gooey and do the low temperature. It’s always seemed harsh also when I use higher temperatures. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Shouldnt push the temps of burn iff anyway in my personal opinion. And ive been doing dabs since they hit the market buying sadly but still i prefer the budder gooey yeah it sucks when your buying because the loss to the jars etc. But it doesnt hold well in silicone degrading starts happening 72 hours after in silicone glass is way to go thats why you see all glass in dispos now holds them terps way better. I have a welder from 1970s brand new never been used but i dont have 220 out in this garage yet. Finally got it in last one and we flipped the house. Sadly probably plan again with this one. Cant really pass up making 50k on average every so many years. However living in dust can get old. Lmao. Sorry about flooding your thread bro @grimes. Hadnt heard from @happilyretired in a bit was nice to chat again old man. :beers:

5 Likes

Have u tried lower temps like 180 or 180. Seems the hotter I press the more gooey the return comes out. If I press at a lower temp it comes out a stiffer return. What is the rh of the buds u r pressing also. If much over 62 u will press out any holding moisture in the bud also which mixes in the wax or resin. Leaving the resin on parchment paper for a couple days in a ok area to dry out some more will help also if it is too gooey for u to remove or collect from parchment paper get u a flat ice pack and put the parchment paper on that to help cool the resin and it collects a lot easier if it seems to be too cold on the ice and cracks like glass shards remove it collect so much til it gets gooey again and do ice under again. I’ve got a gentlemans jack sitting in the freezer that works awesome for collection it’s flat glass and stays ice cold til I’m done. Lol. They do have steel collection. Plates u can buy to keep in the freezer for this purpose also.

4 Likes