Rosin Pressing!

I thought I would share what equipment I am using and the different forms and methods I am currently doing to make Rosin. I press bud, dry sift(kief), and bubble(ice wash).
I made a mock build up of a wash system. Now that I have it dialed how I want, my buddy is fabricating it all stainless steel. The first time playing with this I washed a pound of trim with a pound of bud. I was able to collect over a qp of bubble from just the first 3-4 washes. I did 7 washes and still had awesome results. I noticed at about the 4th wash you loose about 15%-20% each wash after.

For kief, my buddy got me hooked on keeping my kief tumbler inside my deep freezer. Works awesome.

Here is my press. I use my 20-ton hydraulic/pnuematic shop press and bought some expensive ass plate set up from low temp. I only use the hydraulic pump when pressing rosin tho.

Temps and bags…im using 90micron with a temp around 185 degrees to press bud/flower, I know some people that press flower hoyter like at 205, but I was looking for just personal too top quality. I also use the 25 micron around 160 degrees for kief and bubble. Press times vary, but usually around 2 min or so. I press, collect, then whip it for a few minutes, then its straight DAB time!!!

17 Likes

Oh my fucking Keifer Sutherland

7 Likes

Lol everyone’s in for a treat in this thread. Lol man i spent a few days hanging out with this awesome guy and his wife! True to god good folks. All american heros in my eyes. @bullfrog420 man we have to make something killer! Cant wait to try out some of the collaboration seeds we made. Im frothing at the mouth! Damn i have a bunch of strains i need to run through. I got 4 of my Galactic god x white Runtz going now. And 15 strains in clones. Everything else is shut down and being reset. But this summer is all my strains and sts runs. As well as other surprise things i have.

9 Likes

Very nice, I’m drooling !

6 Likes