Royal Gold Tupur

I am getting ready for my first cannabis grow (AZ Prop 207 legalized growing in AZ), and I have decided to use Coco as the medium. My previous reading has told me that Coco requires rinsing to reduce Na salts, as well as to remove “fines” that are sometimes called pete. Because Coco has cation exchange sites, it is also necessary to buffer it with Cal-Mg prior to use. I have read that Royal Gold Tupur is well washed and that Na salts are less that 100 ppm. However, do I still need to wash out the fines and buffer it with Cal-Mg solution?

3 Likes

Hey there,
The Rg Tupur is pre-buffered and ready to use right from the bag. You do not need to rinse, wash or buffer, I do recommend using a coco specific nutrient program or supplementing Cal/Mag throughout the feeding program, to account for elevated use and keeping those sites occupied with a calcium for optimum nutrient mobility.
If you pull a runoff test the results will appear higher than you may expect due to fines, ca, mg, and other minor components. DO NOT be fooled! There is no significant nutrient value, you will want to feed right away! Reach out to the RG offices if you have questions, they are always glad to help!

3 Likes

Thanks for you input.

1 Like

Hey there, sorry to cut in here but I have a question. Is that the case with ALL coco, as far as having to rinse and all that? I ask because I’m getting ready to drop seeds soon and that’s what I planned on using, 70% coco, and 30% perlite. I do have cal-mag here and will be using that as well. Beyond that I didn’t really wanna go to crazy with the nutes for obvious reasons. Any feedback is mucho appreciated, thank you!

1 Like

There is a website devoted to all aspects of growing cannabis in Coco, and it is very informative. The link is https://www.cocoforcannabis.com/. There is an article and a video on that website that addresses the preparatory steps to prepare the dehydrated Coco bricks. Also, on that website they mention that Royal Gold Tupur is much better quality than the typical dehydrated blocks that you can purchase. Good luck with your grow.

1 Like

Welcome guys and gals. Great input. This is a very informative thread right off. Great reading. Thank you very much!!!

Welcome to the growers network. We love to see you grow!!!

I purchased some RG Tupur, and was surprised to see how much perlite it contains. How much additional perlite needs to be added, if any? I talked to RG and they hold the % perlite in Tupur as a “trade secret”.

1 Like