Sativa strains

So I was recently diagnosed with adult A.D.D. I’ve been told that sativa is good for this since it provides as good uplifting energetic feeling instead of prescription stimulants (I dont have the hyper active problem). That being said, what are some good sativa strains to look out for and try?

2 Likes

Blue Dream or Chocolope I’m sure there are others but those are two of the best.

3 Likes

I would think with a.d.d or a.d.h.d you would want a more sedative strain to slow the brain down and focus I don’t see sativa doing that but hey what do I know lol and for a great sativa strain I’d say Bruce banner very hight thc level

2 Likes

Hi @hoosier_grower

A great sativa I enjoy recommending is a good durban poison. I did a quick google search and found a couple good articles on leafly.

Also depends if you looking for non-psychoactive CBD or you going for trippy sativa THC. They recommend Harlequin as a strain which has a balance of CBD:THC. I am no doctor so please dont take my recommendations seriously. But hope this puts you in the right road for choosing a strain that helps you. The differences between indica and sativa.

5 Likes

Speed actually stabilizes thoughts in the ADD brain. Adderal and Ritalin are like cocaine. I’m adult ADD who used to get the Adderal (100% amphetamine salts) and it’s no joke. The pharmaceuticals will get you addicted, change your personality, give you erectile dysfunction, and strip parts of you away that you don’t want to lose. I can’t put it into words. As for weed; Jack Herer, c99, Malawi, Durban, Thai…all great sativa and sativa-leaning strains that help with focus and not ruin important parts of your life. IMHO

5 Likes

I’m the same way love wedding cake Durban poison or even some jack herrer even tho it’s a hybrid I believe

Haven’t tried chocolope. Heard great things so just popped a seed

1 Like

Chocolope is doing the rounds up and down the west coast to high acclaim. African landraces often contain decent levels of THC-V, which can replicate stimulants. Congolese, Durban Poison and Malawi Gold are all great.

2 Likes

It’s the cerebral effects from sativa strains that really help with depression, add, adhd, and those types of mental health issues. @hoosier_grower I would have to 2nd the Durban Poison strain. Maui Wowie is also a great strain for those types of issues. I’ve grown both and turn it into oil for my friends and family that need the oil for their medicine.

2 Likes

Dutch Dragon rules!

3 Likes

Where do you get your seeds from?

1 Like

Zkittlez is a great sativa that’s actually an indica dominant( they managed to Frankenstein it perfectly) I also thoroughly enjoy Jack herer but it tends to not be quite as fun as zkittle

1 Like

I’ve got my seeds from ilgm, DC Seed Exchange, True North, and Growers Choice. I have recently only been using the 1st 2 seed banks because of how easy they make it to pay. Plus I always get my seeds in less than a week.
I also grab seeds from my local dispensaries when they have good genetics @hoosier_grower.

2 Likes

Do you know a way to buy 1 or 2 seeds? I dont want to buy a bunch and not like/not work for me…

1 Like

Check out Mainely seeds!

https://mainelyseeds.org/

1 Like

@hoosier_grower where are you from?
I have some "Momma thai " I could send you a couple seeds. If your interested and in the states…DM me.

5 Likes

What is mama thai. Sounds interesting.

5 Likes

Original Thai and Skunk #1 cross. Sativa all the way.
@Mark0427

6 Likes

Attitude seed bank and I think coffee shop seeds offers single seeds (but are international) they offer easy pay options (coffee shop even offers pay pal probably cause they’re so obscure) and both run fantastic promotions to load you up on freebies last month with attitude I bought 5 pack of lemon mimosa and ended up with 16+ various seeds from that 1 deal

4 Likes

Since theyre international how do you normally pay?

1 Like