Second Grow..... Struggling with the age old question

I can’t seem to decide these guys will be ready for harvest. It’s a decision that’s really stressing me out lol.

Do these guys look done to you or do they need another week? replanted 1/1 with 12 hours darkness after 1 week. Desperate for advice.

The bushy one is Fire Crotch
The xmas tree shaped one is SD-19

5 Likes

Two more weeks I think. Do you have a jewelers to look at your trichomes more closely?

4 Likes

@Greenbert , that’s kind of a recurring question here and I think if you search ‘Trichomes, are they ready’
up there with that magnifying glass, you’ll get lots of information to assuage your anxiety!!!

4 Likes

You’ve got a ways to go. Don’t even bother looking at trichomes. Your buds haven’t even swollen yet. Look at your pictures look at the small leaves on the bud the Really small ones. Right now they’re all flat and skinny like a leaf, start looking when they get fat like a big tongue. Trichomes will follow or rather multiply as the bud swells. If those were my plants I would probably remove some of them large fan leaves that are covering up the flowers beneath. You do that and you’re gonna be very surprised what happens over the next few weeks.

The next couple of pictures are plants I have going right now that are probably two or three weeks till they’re finished.
This is blue dream two different plans.

Then hopefully at harvest they will look more like this. :+1:t3:

10 Likes

Thanks for the advice, going to water (w/tiger bloom) today and check them again on Saturday. I was able to get a peek at the trichomes and they are still almost all clear.

Although do you guys have problems viewing them? It’s not the most comfortable position and I don’t have the most steady hand so it’s nearly impossible for me to tell if the trichomes are truly cloudy vs just out of focus. Do you ever cut a small sample off to test trichomes? What part of the plant do you take your sample from? I have a good microscope but the subject needs to be flat. Maybe one of those tiny leaves on the bud?

Seriously I cannot hold the loupe steady enough to get a good look. It’s like trying to write you signature on horseback.

3 Likes

Sacrifice 1/4" to 1/2" tip of one in top 1/3rd and put it on a table to view.
Of Course, now don’t waste it, dry it (fast or over a couple days) and taste/test it.

5 Likes

Excellent. Thank you. My pics are going to be awesome.

4 Likes

I also usually take a small bud from the lower third of the plant towards the center. Then I stick it under my wireless scope.

I still think you’re several weeks from needing to even think about doing this. At this point take a picture as close as you can with your phone. Then you can zoom way in on it. Doing this should help you get an idea of when you might want to remove a small piece of flower to examine it close.

6 Likes