Seedlings.. Germination

Sooo I think i messed up… Got the bottles that I water my babys with mix up with my Bloom water!
Will the fertilizer in my bloom water def kill my sprouts? It tiger bloom, cal meg, big bloom and grow big… fox farms… They just sprouted today…

ALSO…One of my seedlings poped up with the seed casing still attatched… so i do surgery? Lol… or will if grow out of it??

Last…Yall are AWESOME!! thanks for all yalls wisdom.

6 Likes

I would say yes on the surgery! Use tweezers and be very gentle and all should go according to plans…
As far as feeding your baby this early, sorry I can’t help you for sure with that. No experience in the matter but I am intrigued as to what to do in this situation.

Let’s ask some good growers who are here now : @deusoboy420, @devjyarn, @scotty17, @oldguy, @Ladithief … do you know what to do in this situation? What should we do if we feed our seedlings too early?

:v: Peace :v:

2 Likes

Your going to have to wait and see if your boo-boo messed up your seedlings, being seedlings I don’t advise a flush, at least not yet, use that as a final option.

You can transplant them right away, probably the best option

Some strains can handle heavy nutes right from the get go

I would just be patient and see what happens or transplant

Others will chime in

7 Likes

If they goto shit… I just start over… you need good starts to get you to the finish…

7 Likes

Sorry @piper, I did not notice you were online, or you would have gotten a tag too! :crazy_face:

4 Likes

No worries, I’m a noob

4 Likes

Yep and I come in with all my eloquence…lol…

5 Likes

I agree with @piper a transplant may be your best option you could was most of the soil off the sprout and re plant if you are very careful. The seedlings will not require feeding till the cots start to yellow or the first set of true leaves start to open for most strains. Some are heavy feeders and are fine with a feed after the third set of leaves are visible.

5 Likes

Are you using root riot or pods? If so it’ll be much easier to just switch the soil by gently taking the pot out and putting them in new soil

3 Likes

Fabric pots, first run with coco medium… :man_facepalming:t5:

1 Like