Sharing is caring cannabis culture is dead

Interesting question after posting this meme:

What is your opinion on sharing joints and bongs say pre pandemic and currently. Personally I only share joints with close, close, close people. I have mostly always felt uncomfortable sharing bongs and joints and prefer not to. It hacks me off for a number of reasons, firstly the germs that go round, secondly a person holding onto a joint while telling a lengthy story and letting it smoke away ( I usually just sit gazing at the joint ). I am happier to roll a joint for you ( but dont take advantage of my kindness/time), or you are welcome to use my ā€œvisitorsā€ bong and make yourself at home. What is your take, you still puff, puff pass?

Funny true story, the first present I bought for my partner was her own weed box which included rizlaā€™s, a pipe, a lighter some weed and a grinder. She knows very well how irritated I get when you take my lighter, papers, and seriously do not touch my grinder.

10 Likes

Years and years and years ago when one could be imprisoned for having a single joint, I was in the back of a VW pickup truck with a couple of punk rock pals at a stop light in the inner city. A gangster waiting through the red light in an Oldsmobile next to us threw us a grin under his Ray Bans and handed his lit joint over to us just before the light changed, and he simply drove off leaving it for us.

4 Likes

Sounds to me like your kinda anal. You asked so I answered. Not meaning to diss ya, but REALLY?

2 Likes

I think Chrisjā€™s got a great point. Totally legit concerns. Itā€™s not the same world anymore, but even so, other peopleā€™s biomes freak me out. Humans are nasty.

3 Likes

Well I think that people have been programmed to think that extreme caution and cleanliness is better, it is NOT. People get their resistance to bacterial and viral infections by allowing their bodies to experience a small but constant exposure to the pathogens. Without that you become sensitive to getting sick because you have not built up a gradual resistance to exposure.

If you want to become sickly and vulnerable, live in a bubble, if you want to be healthy live normal and stop being afraid of every little thing. Now Iā€™m not talking about going out and exposing yourself to known deadly stuff, but for the most part the current Covid pathogen is pretty benign.

I wasnā€™t trying to be snide, but giving your girlfriend a separate set of tools ? And it IS the same world, you have just been conditioned to think otherwise. JMHO.

3 Likes

Not only is the human race nasty but most of them can not be trusted. I live by two rules one was from a great man I met while I was in the Corps.

The next i got from my wonderful wife. Being an ER nurse she always see the really crazy shit that comes from drugs and stupidity. So she always gives the same speech to all the overdoses. image
Know your dealer. Itā€™s just sad what the world has come to these days.

1 Like

Article from 2015

3 Likes

Iā€™m sure nobody here needs to explain to anyone else how immunity works. Iā€™m 51 years old. Iā€™ve had a lifetime of exposure in multiple countries. Iā€™m healthier than pretty much everybody I know whoā€™s half my age. Also I never eat any kind of processed foods that come in boxes or cans (fresh and whole only), havenā€™t had fast food or pop in ten years, we wash all dishes by hand (so no machine sanitizing)ā€¦all stuff that helps immunity a lot. The food supply causes more chronic disease than anything else. Even so, herd immunity is definitely not an absolute and anyoneā€™s body can spontaneously become sensitive to anything with age. It has nothing to do with ā€˜living in a bubbleā€™ or not, and nothing to do with being ā€˜afraidā€™ or ā€˜normalā€™. Humans are nasty.

As for COVID, which isnā€™t what Iā€™ve been talking about at all, is much less benign than you think. The ten refrigerated semi trailers full of overflow bodies in my local coronerā€™s parking lot is not an indication of a benign pathogen. One of my close friends who is a professor lost TEN coworkers to COVID by July. TEN. And they were all under 60 years old. I also know several people who got over it in ten days or so, but they all still struggle with serious lung damage and/or mystery arthritis in wrists and ankles.

6 Likes

Oy, vey. :vampire:t4:ā€ā™‚

If you come to my house man I never have shared always give some 1 there own joint or bong , I thought that there is enough weed on this planet to where u donā€™t need to share one

2 Likes

Well for the most part I donā€™t really see the need for someone starting a post like this on a grow forum to begin with, so with that said I am done with the topic.

Peace out, and enjoy life everyone!

1 Like

I think one sentence can sum this up. And I am sure youā€™re mother told it to you.

If you donā€™t have anything nice to say donā€™t say it. PEACE

2 Likes

Dont get me wrong I am all for playing in dirt, eating roadkill and building immunity. But it was also a tip I got from a breeder who passed many years ago and after having several serious lung infections from sharing joints at festivals, I decided to take the advice. @sssportsmfg, you are welcome to your opinion, and we welcome discussions about cannabis. After all sharing is caring, especially when it comes to cannabis.

2 Likes
1 Like

Hereā€™s some reading materials.

1 Like

i never liked sharing joints some people do not know how to smoke a joint with out fish lipping it aka getting joint wet.if i smoke with some one whom get the joint wet. i will not smoke with them again.post pandemic i believe it best we do not share smoking devices. if some one is their whom does not have their own smoke i will donate a little so they can get high. i do not want to catch or spread this deadly virus. also put a stop to 1 night hook ups

4 Likes

I like this because is has some truth life is based off of the structure of fungal bacteria and genetics across a spectrum unfathomable by the human mind . So whatā€™s crazy is there is life breeding fungal bacteria , then there are death based fungal bacteria so there is bacteria that grows life to a certain point and then starts to decay itā€™s sheā€™ll or body form on this plain . I love the structure off mushrooms as it is and most people donā€™t know that the actual shrooms is jus the dead body of the mycilien and the mycilien really lives under the ground in almost like a cloud like form with fibers and lives off of the decaying organic matter inside the dirt , so is fungis and living symbyote that created the structure for these diseases of mass extinction I could say they are a part of it for sure and humans work in the same way some of us are good most of us are evil but thereā€™s this berry fine line no1 see but it gets crossed all the time and people die for money and that it this life style that I being created is one of no glory jus larger things controlling people on specttrums so sad u donā€™t want to think ther real

It is what it is my friend.

2 Likes