Should I cure my shake before making extracts?

Is there any benefit from curing trim and shake before doing an extract? I have the Everclear in the freezer just waiting…

2 Likes

This should get your ball rolling. Lol

Guessing… I would think it would taste better.
Just like the flower. Less chlorophylly.

@mothergoose
@CoyoteCody
@Tygrow78
@ultrapuff
@chrisj

4 Likes

Yes @mrwonderful , you can either cure it like flower for several weeks or drop the trim in a ice cold water for a couple hours to remove the excess chlorophyll. You dont want that in your final product.

4 Likes

Yes, it’s better to wait. It’s always smoother and better tasting when cured. I do both, but when you press without curing it’s harsh and it tastes like uncured bud, And it tastes kinda like wet weed.it comes out kinda greenish l. Or I crop, freeze and wash. It comes out super tasty like that if you dry it it correctly. Taste like what the plant smelled like at harvest. So yeah. Better cure or wash it and dry it… Then press or smoke… Your call :call_me_hand: :facepunch:t3:

4 Likes

I always cure my flower before making my extracts. I didn’t at first, but always give it at least 3 weeks to cure now. I feel it’s better for the end product.
:v:

4 Likes

What is the final end desired result? For my excess I throw everything in good grade ethanol fresh, cured, trim, larf. I then filter it before decarbing and adding to butter or whatever. This is for edibles not smoke.

7 Likes

@mothergoose I had to do a double take. Your last picture looked like a HUGE beaker sitting on top of your tent. “Put down the pipe MW!” Lol

I made a small batch of really horrible Green Dragon last harvest. My Lovely Bride can’t smoke anything so we want to make edibles. Probably with infused honey and/or sugar. I figured extraction has to come before gummies.

9 Likes

Lol it does

4 Likes

Lol! 15 gallons of extract just sitting in a spare room!:rofl:

3 Likes

Fresh frozen hash. Smelling minty!

5 Likes

The filter setup will remove all nasty taste from the tincture.

2 Likes