Should I read while high

I love what I just read now I get to check a few of the things in it and that’s good, because it’s going to make me better in the industry. Thank you.

Well some people smoke to forget things, imagine rereading the same awesome book 15 times and not remembering a thing. BONUS and you save on buying books, save trees, grow weed. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Yes! Reading for me is difficult under the influence. But writing is different: ideas flow, the most weird connections take place, empathy and simpathy take the place of anger and fear… And a lot of stories shine.

Write stoned, edit sober.

Greetings!

2 Likes

Haha Soo true I feel like I forget a lot lol. I read stuff 4-5x b4 I take it all in , I thought it was the ADHD but I’m literally always stoned even when I sleep.i can watch movies several times and they still seem to have scenes I don’t remember lol

1 Like

Write stoned, edit sober. So true hahaha😜

2 Likes

Well said. Just finished an article on this, maybe that should be the final lesson. Just dont want to piss stoner readers off.

3 Likes

If you don’t have reading comprehension then don’t read high lol

1 Like

You would be interested to know that it has helped people with no comprehension of sentences:

Many users have reported that marijuana actually helps them in the process of reading. Robert Burruss, a contributor to Lester Grinspoon’s website project marijuana-uses.com, describes his former self as an effective illiterate at the age of 31. While at that time he was able to read single words, pick up the gist of texts and even get the meaning of some sentences, he says he never really quite understood the meaning of full sentences and texts written by others. One day, he sat down, puffed a joint and opened the book Lady Chatterly’s Lover to “look for dirty words”:

“I have no memory of the intervening moments before I learned to read. Perhaps only a few seconds passed. Maybe minutes. I don’t know. All I recall is opening the book at a random place, or perhaps at multiple random places, and the next thing I know is that I’m walking up a stone path with flowers beside it, to the gardener’s cottage, which has a thatched roof. The sky in the mental scene which the written words were creating is grayish, and the air is comfortably warm and slightly humid.

The sort of teleportation which the book and the joint provoked that night . . . that was the first time in my life that mental images had been created by printed words. Until that night I had been unable to comprehend phrases longer than about three words. Until that night I had thought that everyone read that way, by looking at words and phrases and then fabricating an interpretation – highly personal, of course, though I didn’t know it then – of the writer’s intent. The seeing of mental images – and from printed words no less! – was the second great revelation of my life.” [1] Sauce

1 Like

Was just posting to FB and thought this image would go nicely here. Its an african calabash and copper pipe. The book by Joseph Pietri is very interesting read about the past, present and future of Pot.

I’ve been looking for a new cannabis book to read. Thanks @chrisj! Looks like an amazing book to read. Just ordered it!!

2 Likes

Its a book I have only read high, it will take you deep into the politrix of cannabis, some is great information, and some not. But it is an interesting read with alot of history about cannabis with not your usual stories.

2 Likes