Show off your bud photos

Impressive stuff everyone! Love seeing everyone’s work, I wanted to share a few autoflowers I’ve personally grown here with you guys (and secretly give this thread a bump!)

This is Sweet Seeds Red Poison autoflower (from a feminized seed.) Grown under a Platinum LED Grow Lights P450, in an autopot system using roughly 50/50 coco coir/perlite mix using Grow More Sea Grow 16-16-16 and 4-24-24 and additional Cal-mag. Grown indoors in a grow tent environment (just for personal.)

Vegged and flowered on 24/0 lighting from seed, no cool temps introduced (all natural color.)

20170217_092847
20170217_093007
1 (1)

Dripping sugars (or what I presume is a sugar, it smoked/taste/smelled like sugar when heat was applied (had to test that theory out first hand!))
20170217_111130 - Copy
20170217_111330 - Copy
20170217_111353 - Copy
20170217_111238 - Copy
20170217_111426 - Copy
20170217_112822 - Copy
20170217_112830 - Copy
20170217_112754 - Copy
20170217_112722 - Copy

15 Likes

A continuation of that same Sweet Seeds Red Poison autoflower, here are three of those drops formed in literally clear, cloudy, and amber. If anyone knows definitely what these are or what causes these, I’d love to know the reason (and please and thank you!)

13 Likes

Some tester Sprite (LA Confidential X Kosher Kush

Gorgeous ladies vegging in the Tucson sun!

!

Blue Cheese getting ready for harvest

Tester tent

Some blast from the past nugs

Drying that ish

Perfect place for puppy Maynard to nap

nug8

Too Bright!!!

Afghooey X Trainwreck

Charlie Sheen OG growing for the Errl Cup

15 Likes

…and since we’re still on the subject, here’s some more from a few years back:

Nothing like some good Christmas trees…

Some chunky sweet tooth (check out the cool tubes!!)

Getting ready to move plants to the greenhouse

Greenhouse veg

Bubba Kush

Greenhouse nearing harvest

Thinking about growing a beard…and some buds!

Platinum Kush

Harvest Time!

Peek-a-bud!!

8 Likes

Some GSC from our light-assisted, heated greenhouse. Yummy!

Some Lemon Kush. Tastes better than it looks - and it looks pretty tasty!

13 Likes

Some White Fire OG or WIFI

10 Likes

Spent some time hanging with one of my growers this weekend:

9 Likes

Beautiful! Are you a breeder by chace? Would love to get my hands on those genetics!

6 Likes

Not great quality pics, but this is some Lemon Bright OG my brother and I grew for our first time. Had some issues along the way but it turned out really tasty!

9 Likes

very nice! looks like some promising plants!

6 Likes

He’s never grown with LED before and so I set him up with a 5 x 5 tent and a Unit Farm LED (I’m doing some performance testing for them in full disclosure.) So he’s going to grow some autoflowers and photos under it, it will be fully documented, and we’ll see how an experienced grower does with new technology!

6 Likes

Wow, that is breathtaking lol.

4 Likes

Thank you! I just got a shipment of commercial autoflower genetics in yesterday and need to sort them, I’ll show you what some of the seed packaging and design looks like from a variety of breeders if you guys would like to see them (there’s some interesting artwork on some of these.)

5 Likes

This is called guttation. Pretty cool it taste really good. If I see it i eat it lol.

5 Likes

Do you know what causes this? And thank you for clarifying on that, no one has ever been able to give me a reason for why it happens or even what’s it called (the most plausible thing I heard just an overabundance of available sugars in the plant?) Is that even in the ballpark?

5 Likes

It happens when the plants go into their dark period. Their stomata closes and cause transportation to stop. Because of this the plant can only hold so much water so when it is full of water but the stomata are closed it builds pressure. When pressure is built up enough it causes guttation. Mostly water, sugar, and potassium are pushed through the xylem and out of the hydathodes.

5 Likes

Can I throw a curveball into this equation? There was no dark period. I grow these with 24 hours of lights on. :smiley:

5 Likes

Lol that’s a curve ball! but not unexplainable. If your plants are in humid conditions they can build up xylem pressure. Humidity can cause a serious slow down of transpiration. There could be other reasons as well. If your rootzone is taking in adequate water but your plant isn’t transpiring at an adequate rate you get excess xylem pressure that would cause guttation.

8 Likes

Tahoe og greenhouse

Mendo breath greenhouse

Pie face outdoor

13 Likes

Thank you so much for that explanation!

4 Likes