Show us your bud pics!

This is my first girl since 1977. I’m just starting to get my feet wet. The information and different seeds available now compared to then is like coming out of the Twilight Zone into the real world. This is an AK 47 autoflowering feminized strain. This photo was taken yesterday, she is exactly eight weeks from the day I planted her. She is extremely healthy. Since this is my first plant in over 40 years, I could use some advice on how much longer I should let her grow. She has about 12 different branches. All of the branches seem to be filling in really well. Any tips and or advice is highly appreciated.

6 Likes

@hitechfx

She has a ways to go yet as she is still showing/growing white pistols especially on the tops. 3/4 weeks yet

A jewelers loupe is a great investment to check out the trichs, different people like different colors of the trichs depending on indica or sativa (couch lock to head high).

I am sure others will chime in with the time left as I myself have not grown since 2004 and hope to drop some beans in September and I could be off by a lot with the 3/4 weeks :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If u have or can get a jewelers loop to look at the trics they should be completely milky before the first point of harvest personally I like to push mine to 15% amber crystals for a sativa and 50% for my indicas. Hibreds in between

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll order one from Amazon shortly.

2 Likes

8 Likes

Hi mantis86
Welcome to growersnetwork !! :grinning:

Nice plant :yum:

It does help to post pics of plants in natural lighting, hope that helps for the future, still, nice buds stay golden :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Another option (but still not as good as natural lighting), is to use a piece of software to ‘normalize’ the lighting… … a few years ago, I was using Photivo (open source) to do that for a while and if you go that route, you may need to leave off the flash to get the colors right.

2 Likes
  • The first batch of buds has been began the drying state today Aug 15, 2019, which been harvested from the biggest current plant comparing with those plants which was with her in this round.
  • The trichomes are mixture of clear, milky (Cloudy), and half amber (Only the trichome’s heads has been filled by amber ) on those harvested buds, as I noticed under the digital microscope.
  • The temperature & humidity will be on between 74.7F° 72% -69.8F° 54% during the A/C run times until I harvest the left buds, and I’ll inform you about the first and the second break’s temperatures and humidities tomorrow.
  • The harvest will be gradually because the weak and limited photosynthesis range, as you could notice.

Note:

1. I lost a lot in this round because The “Thrips & The Spider Mites”,
  • Five plants
  • Nutrients
  • Soil
  1. The last and current plant has suffered a lot because the lack of the entirety of the photosynthesis power, the Thrips & The Spider Mites, and the fickle climates. :slightly_smiling_face:

My advise, find the safe & healthy place (Environment) & all the required needs for [In or Outdoor cultivation] before you start growing your plants. And sad to I know this will be the last round for me to plant, until I don’t know when or where I’ll find that place.

Anyway, I would like to thank all of whose still teaching me especially my experts teachers, and I would like to say to every single one of them thank you so much for your photosynthesis that you providing me by, yes am feeling that because the growing which I could notice on myself day by day.:slightly_smiling_face:

Wishing a wonderful “Cultivation, Life, and all the best” to all of you.
Thank and respect with love to all of you forever as well.

3 Likes

Why does it look like they are full of seeds?

2 Likes

I think because that all disadvantages things which the plant faced. What is your expectations?

So they are seeds?

2 Likes

Yes, she produced a few of tiny seeds as I noticed, and I don’t know how come that happened yet!.

1 Like

That would b why the buds didn’t form fully. Once they hermied they quit working on bud production and start working on seeds. That yellow u saw on the outside of the calyx was the swelling the seeds were causing.

You should have no seeds in homegrown sensimlia

3 Likes

It actually looks like she seeded up quite a bit and is full of seeds. Those seeds will b viable but they will b regular seeds meaning male or female and will have the hermie trait which means they may or may not hermie but have a higher chance of doing so.

2 Likes

I was wondering why that yellowing happened on the calyxes as I mentioned previously. And fortunately known the cause from you now.

Thank you so much for helping me.

1 Like

Noted, and l really appreciated your assistance.

One of the reasons why that happened because the light’s wavelengths, as I could remember but not pretty sure, yes?
Correct me if that wrong please.

Those few seeds like nearly the mustered seeds in size.

1 Like

Looks like u have waaaay more seeds than u think. Some of those seeds are breaking through on their own and are dark (mature)

The only reason they should seed up are from stress or a light leak. Go into your room or tent after lights out and sit for a few mins and let your eyes adjust. Make sure u have NO light in there. No indicator lights on fans or heaters or anything. Something is causing that seeding. Bank seeds dont just hermie.

If those were bag seeds I wouldn’t question it. As I said in the previous post hermied seeds have a tendency to hermie but not a bank seed. U should get to the source before your next grow or it will continue to happen.

3 Likes

Harvest

6 Likes