Arizona Grow

After my experience this morning, and seeing the difference in only 12 hours, yes, yes I do believe it may have not been enough water, and shit bags / soil.

4 Likes

I wake for 04:20

6 Likes

Those are some bright lights on at 4:20. That could fuck with an outdoor grow easy.

4 Likes

They are, it could, you also must take into consideration that the Pixel 6 night mode camera is basically a magical daytime photo device. Seriously, it sees in the dark, with colors, richly. Not being a fanboy, Google just made a really good camera.

3 Likes

Buds a poppin’

20220509_065026-ANIMATION

10 Likes

I always forget there is another two growing ops over at Lions place. This one is under the Grower’s Choice ROI 420 @ultrapuff @rucifer999

11 Likes

Looking good bro!

4 Likes

Palmtrees & powerlines. Always nice

4 Likes

Received another care package today from our one and only @PreyBird1 and decided I should make another unboxing animation for you all. I probably could have taken more photos and make it a bit more smooth over all but that takes up space and then we can’t upload it.

Two things I want to point out, the first is how many places extra care was taken, the outside of the box marked as fragile, the inside packed, the rolling tray bubble wrapped, some serious effort went into ensuring delivery.

Second and I haven’t seen this anywhere else, Preybird quality seals his boxes which have the seeds, I specifically took a photo of the little black box with it’s seal.

20220509_162300-ANIMATION

TLDR: If your scrotum itches you need to use moisturizer!

10 Likes

I love it when the buds bend over like that. Lol

3 Likes

“Give me a head with hair, shoulder length or longer”… Fuck I’m old.

:barber:

Gave them double strength nutrients today, hopefully they wake up at 19:00 looking beautiful and not dropping or dead.

9 Likes

Well there certainly isn’t anything wrong with those ! They look great! about there too.

Marty

6 Likes

I can never tell if you’re being sarcastic

3 Likes

I wasn’t being sarcastic at all. What is sarcastic about saying your plants look great? I was talking about the two you are growing elsewhere that are almost finished with flower.

Marty

7 Likes

@Skinnyhb @PreyBird1

What is different in these growbags or why do you choose em over plastic pots? The plastic isn’t breathable, is it?

Enlighten me!

5 Likes

I’ve been wondering the same thing Mr Monkey. I have one plant in a plain jane 3 gal. plastic planter pot, it seems to like it better than the fabric bags for some reason. I jumped on the wagon on the “air prune” roots a LONG time ago lol. I spied those pots with the extrusions with holes in the end of them at least 10 years ago…since I couldn’t afford them at the time I got out my trusty step drill and turned all my 5 gal plastic grow pots into root pruners. Then a couple years later I got 6 of the commercial ones. @automatik still grows in plain jane plastic pots with no holes and does a fantastic job…I’m beginning to think they really don’t care if the pot is holy or not lol. One advantage to real breatable pots is it’s harder to overwater. Those radicle bags make you water at least twice as much with coco. But you can soak them till runoff and they dry up quick. One thing about it is they are cheap, no cleaning at the end of the grow. Just dump em out and throw them away.

Marty

5 Likes

That’s why I like mine. Apart from overwatering I’ve never had any major issues with growing in an ordinary plastic pot tho. My mate in Cz runs a 1000 plant farm in plastic 3 gallons.

7 Likes

OK first of all the cloth bags are called air pruning bags for a reason. The roots don’t circle around the pot when they get to the pot the end of the root burns and then the rest of the root expands and puts out more roots. In the plastic bags and plastic pots you get the root circling around the bottom of the pot. I have no idea what the difference is as to where nutrients are collected by the roots. The water going through the media is carrying nutrients from the top to bottom organic or not. The reason I use the bags. First of all you can get half gallon or 1 gallon bags and and raise your plants in them to a fairly decent size. Then you can transplant them into a 3 gallon bag and let them veg another week or so and go to flower and they have enough soil or media to get everything they’re going to need throughout the flowering cycle without the roots getting overcrowded. Also for transplanting you can just slide a pair of scissors down the side or a razor blade and the bag is gone or if you so choose you can slide the plant out of the bag and then put it in a larger bag. They are extremely cheap you don’t have to wash them you can reuse them or throw them away and best of all stacking plants in a tray or storing bags they take very little space. If you’re gonna throw them away when you’re done with them you can take a permanent marker and write what they are and the date on the outside of the bag then you’ll know no tag to lose and no tape come off.

But the best thing for me is I don’t have to water as often which means I’m not using as much nutrients which means I’m saving money. It’s easy not to overwater. Especially as often as everybody is in their room or tent. There’s absolutely no excuse to overwater or underwater for all that matters. It’s a simple equation water to run off on Monday pick up the plant Tuesday if it’s heavy wait till Wednesday pick up The plant Wednesday if it’s still heavy wait till Thursday and do it again. Once you’ve established what they need how often you’re golden you just need to pick them up every once in a while and see how heavy they are

When I set up my tables on my indoor all my plants get exactly the same volume and strength of nutrients. It’s on the timer I used 15 gallons of nutrients a week on 10 plants. My timer runs Monday Wednesday and Friday, The pump comes on for 90 seconds. That’s it. Then either Saturday or Sunday I remove the pick up from the nutrient tank and put it in A bucket and I run 5 gallons of ph’d water and then I run a second 5 gallons through with microbes and goodies that don’t come from the nutrients.

It doesn’t start out like this as the plants drink more I have to increase the amount of time the pump is on. Sorry I just did some skunk hero and got chatty. :man_shrugging::sunglasses:

10 Likes

Ok, so here is my mindset and approach to growing. Anyone can know more than me, anyone can teach me something I may not know. I look at people who have operations that are thriving and then I see where in my situation I can adapt their behaviors. The Bird grows some beautiful ladies, and he uses the plastic bags so I gave it a whirl. For pennies each, and the holes are already in place, why not?

Being that they are disposable I do not have to worry about corrosion or filth buildup. The Bird has a method he uses to transfer from smaller plastic bags to larger and it is genius, as well as extremely easy. Being able to almost ensure that they can transition from one bag size to the next without worry is a huge plus.

Lastly I can actually feel the soil. I can pick it up and feel the root ball or if the water has settled at the bottom or any other type of interesting phenomenon with the sensation of touch. I can literally lift and hold my soil.

For more information please wait for @PreyBird1 to respond.

6 Likes

Yeah that too…:joy::rofl::rofl::melting_face::melting_face:

5 Likes