Slym3rs Commercial Grow

cool pic. get some biologicals in there, start up the mycelium drive and take us somewhere nice…

7 Likes

15 Likes

Nice work on the panel. There’s only a couple things that irk me. Sorry I’ve been an electrician since I was 18.

6 Likes

Whatcha see?

4 Likes

Well, first off they used aluminum wire, honestly it’s not an issue but imo copper is the way to go its a tad bit more expensive and a little harder to pull than aluminum, but when power runs through wires they naturally heat up. Aluminum draw back is it gets more brittle over time and will deteriorate with the touch, with copper that isn’t a problem copper is naturally soft and can shrink and expand without causing too many stresses on the material. #2 with the jumpers between the phases it looks like they used 2 number 4 or 4-0 wire. That’s not wise but I’m old school, he should’ve upsized the wire on the jumpers instead of going with 2, simply because it’s less room for something to go wrong. Other than that it’s very neat. Yet, I understand why he would have done that to maneuver the wires in and make sure they bend and sit neatly. It’s not a bad job I’m just anal about electricity but everybody has thier own way.

8 Likes

Where it all really counts though is in the gutter. The gutter is usually messy and sometimes packed with cables. Usually in commercial business if you have a problem it’s usually from the gutter and forward. Unfortunately I don’t think I saw a picture of your gutters.

2 Likes

I’m not quite sure I understand. What do you mean gutter? All the wires we cleared out were copper.

4 Likes

Not trying to step on toes but I too am a sparky of 20 years. All industrial. In my opinion you are safe and fine. Its a very common practice and the gentleman is correct about the temp changes but I’ve seen some drastic changes and you get an 1/8 turn at most if installed correctly. I’m sure you had it inspected to have the power turned on👍.

8 Likes

Not saying anything was incorrect im just anal. Down in the south Temps swing drastically me myself I just have never used it. But I’ve also seen shit wired with steel wire and be just fine too.:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

A gutter is like a junction box right after your electrical service. It just has multi-taps that split into more lines to go to your panel. If say you wanted to add anything and your panels are maxed out or maybe a bus tie busted etc; the electrician would go into the “gutter” to access the multi taps to run more power to the equipment.

It’s nothing to worry about im just anal when it comes to copper vs aluminum. After floods is when you really see the extent of how brittle aluminum gets vs copper. But this is only personal preference.

3 Likes

Where do you see the aluminum?

1 Like

Those are aluminum 4 aut if my eyes don’t fool me.

6 Likes

I don’t even know why you guys are splitting hairs over this shit. It’s inspected it’s up to code move on. It also looks like a really nice job. Don’t care if someone’s anal about it if it’s legal it’s legal if it’s right it’s right. End of discussion.

8 Likes

Oh yeah. That is. I thought you were talking indoor. That’s the states electric company installation.

8 Likes

That’s weird, the only thing the power company does here is connect you to the lines and “install” the meter. Lol I’m in the wrong place.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure that’s what your looking at… line pulled from pole to this box.

6 Likes

I didn’t mean to muck up the waters. But yes that’s exactly what I’m referring to. In the trade we call it a “service”. Other than that I’m looking forward to see what you produce my man.

4 Likes

Your all good. We all just want to lend a hand to our fellow growmies. I appreciate it always. Have a great day.

10 Likes

Metal shop puppers. These guys just find me everywhere lol.

Made water stands today.

24 Likes

Good times right there. :+1:t3:

7 Likes