So many great seeds to pick from ,so many slots open

Hey, wait for me! I’ll get my fishing gear ready… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Hahaha your funny! I’ll send u some Haze if u like they are beasts but they are worth the space, always a hit!!

7 Likes

What about my funny??? No, you’re (:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) funny yourself!!!
And I thank you profusely my friend but I was just teasing… but if you do send them I won’t be able to refuse them… :nerd_face:

6 Likes

Yes. My mentor and I fooled with this a while back and was meaning to start a discussion here on what we know as “12/12 From Seed”… basically you can replace autos with this if properly managed…

4 Likes

Sorry for crappy reply, was on phone and HATE typing on phone.

A few years ago my mentor and I ran a bunch of experiments around the idea of how much ruderalis was actually contributing to the autoflower profile. The first thing we looked at were landrace strains that come from the equator region were the concept of seasons and light is a whole 'nother ballgame and to an extent, these strains HAD to force blooming inspite of the light cycle. I can get names if anyone wishes, I have dementia, my mentor doesn’t. Anyhow one idea was that if you could get the genetic material and had time you could probably breed something similar to an auto w/o Ruderalis.

Next thing we looked at was the concept of “12/12 from Seed”. In this we took a variety of indica and sativa-dominant strains and started them from seed (all fems), started them with veg nutes as soon as they were able to take them and veg light until we had second second set of “real” leaves, then 12/12 light. For the next two weeks we kept them on veg nutrients and then swapped to bloom feed the rest of the way.

Upshot: Basically if you manage the first part right you can nearly all the “features” of autos with literally any strain. The other conclusion we reached, at least for us, is that autoflowers and even these autoflower-acting plants are simply not worth what you get out of them, particularly compared with how little extra regular plants require vs how much more you get from them…

Still it was another interesting research project…

While not remarkable, this was my first 12/12 from seed flowering…

7 Likes

For years j thought ruderalis came from the equator ,it made sense to me that was how the evolved to flower where the days vary so little

7 Likes

Well in a way you were close; the region of Siberia it comes from has the opposite issue, not enough daylight vegging at any time of year, so in order to perpetuate the species, it evolved to ignore its natural genetic photosensitivity.

4 Likes

@hoppiefrog have you ever done that 3 Kings strain before? I know it says 3 blue Kings but 3 Kings is good stuff never grew it but man it’s a stoney strain

5 Likes

No I haven’t but sounds good to me;)

4 Likes

Ruderalis also comes from northern canada

2 Likes

Definitely eanna see you run the 3 blue kings excited about running some of the mr nice seeds as well

4 Likes

I have a couple wildcards in early veg and seedling stages for all ya guys to watch should be exciting and seriously beautiful

4 Likes

I would love to get my hands on some original headband tho… OMG sooooooo fucking good… Its practically extinct now just like alot of the old-school strains… Sooo sad

4 Likes

The scotty skywalker

6 Likes

I can’t wait to see the nugs bro :+1: :facepunch: baddass brotha!!

5 Likes

Here is mine so far to go LoL

7 Likes

Someone recently had 707 headband beans i cant remember who now

4 Likes

Never knew that but that totally makes sense, all things considered. I think my only point on the location was that the sun was naturally 12/12 so much the plant adapted to it…and “12/12” is an approximation. More, I am nobody’s expert on autos, only grown a few dozen, like everyone else I did play with cloning them…in fact replicating autos is what first got me into tissue culture. At the end of the day though, the autos simply did not produce enough meds for the sake of having a non-photosensitive plant. I know there are many situation where autos work; for me “plain” cannabis is good enough…

4 Likes

707 is a spin off but properly done fore sure… I’ve smoked alot of strains in the last 20 years LoL… I have a photogenic memory it’s crazy sometimes… People are always like how the fuck do you remember that LoL… I love strains so it’s like my brain archives tastes and smells

4 Likes

Dude, just grow some frak’n weed

GrowingMarijuana

6 Likes