So maybe some one can belp

So a little back ground … I have a 3x3 tent in our old laundry room… just found out that I am gonna be losing my space due to the fact my better half is wanting to finish the basement…

But the good new is I am gonna be getting roughly 220sqft to make my new grow room… my thoughts are doing 4 main grow spaces big enough to have a 4x8 table in each … my plan is to the plant in the same space its whole time … but I am thinking I want to build my lights due to cost … anybody have any ideas on set ups i can do… I am gonna be on a budget so it not sky’s the limit … let’s think bang for the buck …

TIA
DOCEE

7 Likes

What is you goal for the space? To grow in all of it, to meet a certain yield/month target, to do lots of different little experiments? Is the plan to have 4 different rooms, each with a 4x8 table that will go from clone to flower? Will you be hanging and drying in the rooms too? Each table should yield a minimum of 3lbs, with 1 - 2.5 oz per square foot, depending on genetics.

The first thing I’d figure out is if you can the right environment (temperature, humidity, CO2, water/food and light) to fully grow that space. You could pull 5 pounds from a single, dialed in 4x8, or from 2 tables that are not performing as well as they could.

5 Likes

Yes my goal is for the to go from clone/seed to harvest. I will dry in a different space. Well I know one space will be to play with do experimenting. I dont have a harvest goal in mind but of course I want to get the most out of what I am working with. Well my goal is to have an environment controller in each space. So I will hopefully be able to really dial in each space for what I need.

But because I am taking the plant through their while life I know I want full spectrum and I also know I want to go with LED… sorry should have said that in OP.

Oh and thanks for the quick ass response and detailed as hell as usual

4 Likes

What is your budget, I am sure we can find you something good.

The stars have align for you my friend,

Please try a “Water Culture System” I will help every step of the way.

check out this link so we can speak the same langue: Water Culture Hydroponic Systems

This will produce indica so strong. I might suggest Ak-47 or something afghanish those are the best in my opinion, so what do you say?

4 Likes

As far as budget … my plan is to have it be part of the whole budget for the basement… I am laying all my ground work so when I start I know what i am doing…

But as far a water culture it isn’t out if the question as I said I want to have multiple room set up when all said and done so I am sure I will have some sort of hydroponic set up. But as I am planning right now is upgrading my current set up which I am using cocco I was planning on using floraflex stuff to get multiple feedings a day automatically… as that will bring me in the world of a hydroponic system

My biggest concern right now is lighting

3 Likes

These are the best and inexpensive. You might have everything you need in your house now, at any rate finish up your current greenness and set up your area anyway you want it and we will start from there.

A few notes that I have learned, and believe me I have grown many seasons, with a lot of water systems for inside is my specialty.

.1 [Water} I bought a water distiller, nice 8 liter, for about $200 and I use it constantly as it produces the same water every time, very easy to factor in to your design. I do I spend some time making my design constantly thinking about the things I have dealt with to make it self sustains and remote controlled from somewhere else, but that’s another chapter.
2 [Clean] Before I do anything I clean the room like a white tornado! I look for any leak or any way an enemy could get in. In a basement very easy as i have done many multi-roomed grows, as you are moving things around thing about the way your going to lay out the system; example I always keep my blooming ladies toward the back where there is no traffic, as just minor light infraction will effect the final out come, so do seal your tents, go inside zip it up with the lights on and see if you can see any holes any where.

Yes so you adding this in to total basement redo ok. I would do a four mod system; which would include. You don’t need tables unless you want them higher off the ground/floor. I keep them all on the floor easier to keep them cool or warm. 1 area for [sprouting and clone], dam I said clone, yes I grow all by seed, just my choice, this type system no problem. 2nd for the girls to flower, 3rd for the ladies to bloom and finally the 4th for drying and curing. You would be set.
More to come as you progress

2 Likes

Cheapest will be to get 2000 Watts of HPS per table, or around 1200 Watts of CMH. LEDs will be your best investment for the long run, if you plan to keep your grow going for at least 5 years. If your harvests will give you a decent income, you could start with HPS and slowly upgrade to LEDs as the HPS bulbs start to burn out or the reflectors need to be replaced.

Are you planning to re-pot many times throughout the grow, or will your plants be in the same pot from beginning to end? Doing something like @AX-K mentioned with the water culture setup could save you some work so you don’t have to re-pot throughout the grow.

5 Likes

@AX-K… the only reason I was thinking of tables is to have a drain system because as of right now I am running drain to waste. And I was t thinking of moving thr plant once they started just because not wanting to move the plants while they are growing … I know it wont hurt them and plus I will be able to scrog.

@devjyarn…this is gonna be a very long term grow. I was already thinking if ibhave to start with each “room” only growing a 4x4 to start I am ok with that… i was thinking about doing a QB build for each grow area of buy QB for each but I am feeling like diy is the most cost effective way to go… I’m not sure I have been only doing one change from the solo cup to the 3 gal

3 Likes

There are no boundaries I will help you design a custom system, it is easier then you think.

Check out this link,be prepared for your mind to explode. Took me years to learn this stuff

http://www.just4growers.com/stream/hydroponic-growing-techniques/dwc-(deep-water-culture)-questions-and-answers.aspx

4 Likes

I will check it right now

2 Likes

That root mass tho​:point_down::point_down::point_down:

3 Likes

natural teas to keep things in balance different easy homeopathic balance methods. Very good stuff to learn.

3 Likes

Hell yeah it is … we will definitely will be continuing this conversation

2 Likes

Does anyone know if there has been a grow journal with a side by side grow comparing topping vs not topping. I am curious if there is a big difference in yield.

1 Like

yes there is and I have a guide for that too bro when your ready

2 Likes

Oh I’m ready…lol

1 Like

@AX-K so maybe you or @devjyarn can answer this for me … my local shop is out of hydroton what can I use in its place

1 Like

You can use rock wool or any number, didn’t your local shop give you options? Also you can get it online with no problem.

1 Like

No nothing other than grow stone and I didn’t want to spend that much… yeah this was a spur of the moment thing … I do have rock wool cubes so I guess I will cut some up

2 Likes