Solo Cup Contest?

Just took a couple cuts. Should be good to go on the 27th.

4 Likes

What ya running?

I’ve got some Northern Lights, CBDurban Poison, and Orange Chemo for this run.

3 Likes

Durban’s poison is one of my faves … And CBD is good;)

2 Likes

Taking some clones today to get it on the roll.

2 Likes

I’m trying to hold out on my critical purple from sprouting up so fast. I’m almost out of height in my little jiffy pellet dome. I just ended up getting some fox farms ocean forest instead of coco. The coco was like 2 bucks cheaper but I’ve been wanting to find out what’s the hype with fox farms.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Always good to see new life sprout.

I cut some clones, going to go with Gelato. My Haze is a long bloomer, not sure how it will like the cup.

2 Likes

I’ve only had gelato in pre rolls. Seamed like a good strain. Ever had any experience cloning clones? I’ve got some small ones down at the bottom I want to take off the plant. I’ve heard it degrades them but I’ve been reading it’s ok.

4 Likes

If the plant is healthy, the clone will be healthy. Only take strong clones so you save your time and have better plants each cycle.

3 Likes

This guy has the best tutorial I have seen. Its how I learned. You can also use starter cubes, I have been using them lately. You want a moist medium that is not soaked. Having a hungry mother helps also, clones that are full of food will not send out roots looking for them. Be sure to scrape the stem on its sides to let roots pop out easier. Heat and humidity are a must.

2 Likes

I haven’t said ,“I’m in”, yet. Just sharing…

3 Likes

@devjyarn where did you get the cbd Durban poison from? I would love to get my hands on some of those seeds

3 Likes

Canuck seeds from true north Seed bank.

3 Likes

awesome thank you. I definitely want to pick some up along with their jack Herer, super lemon haze, and Durban poison :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

My time starts 9/18. Transplanted it last night. Critical purple auto. Let’s do this thing! Growing with this hybrid light 2 150w metal halide, 1 blue t5 and 2 20w blue LED.

6 Likes

All clones were cut to have 2 nodes completely in the starter cube, dipped in powdered rooting hormone, sure to get it on the cut nodes. 2 tops on each (mom’s were topped about a week before clones were taken). When the clones were taken they had the double tops and 2 lower branches with their fan leaves. The two lower branches and their fan leaves were cut off after 1 week, leaving the plant looking like this. Freshly cut plants were foliar fed with a 5:2 ratio fulvic acid:kelp, and again today when trimmed.

The dome was on a heat pad for the first 3 days, 100% RH at about 28°C air temperature. Then off the heat pad, 90% RH and 25°C for 4 days. Keeping the temperature stable and dropping the humidity to about 65% RH next week when they go into veg. Room’s CO2 is about 600 PPM.

Lights on 24h. Higher blue spectrum. 100 micromoles for the first 3 days, working up to 250 after the first week.

Plants are hand watered once a day until they are fully flushed with fresh nutrient. Flood and drain works great too, so long as they’re raised on a rack and not left sitting in a puddle. pH 6.3, working down to 6.0 by the end of cloning. Air stone in the reservoir. Being fed 15-6-17 at an EC of 0.65 Fulvic, kelp and B vitamins added at 5%, 2% and 3% of the of the final weight of the fertilizer. Final EC is about 0.85.

Roots after the first week.

6 Likes

Bitchin! Results show you have it together. :+1:

2 Likes

I’d like to get in but I dont think 12 weeks start to finish is enough time the only seeds I have which are amhurst sour diesel from Humboldt seed organization are photos with a 65 day harvest which is 9 weeks alone I have 2 clones in 4x4 and could rinse the promix off and put it into a solo cup with medium but it would be a small dwarf plant maybe half way thru flower just thoughts I might try still wondering the solid rules beyond in the solo cup by the 27th whis going to judge what are they being judged on what if they are not flower ready etc.

2 Likes

I just happened to have my next crop line up with the dates mentioned above. My plan is just to do a grow journal for my Solo Cup plant. No idea if there’s a prize or rules I might be breaking. My goal is to grow the best plant I can in a cup.

3 Likes