Multi Strain Hydro LED Grow

Finally a clear, idiot proof explanation for topping and the effect on the shape of the plant. You cleared up a whole new world of exploration for me. Thanks @devjyarn !!!

4 Likes

Haha, believe my surprise when I was walking through the garden and noticed! I thought I was seeing sideways.

5 Likes

I topped all my plants just like that. But i stopped at 4 main colas.

5 Likes

Week 2 vs week 1 of veg. Coming along nicely!

I ran into a calcium deficiency at the beginning of the week. With such a small amount of rockwool, the Solo Cup plant acts as a really good indicator of what’s going on in the garden. To fix it I upped my Part B (calcium nitrate) in ratio to my other nutrients and things have been going well.

The reduced watering looks like it has helped the leaf curl from getting any worse. I’ll be reintroducing my foliar sprays of fulvic/kelp/aminos/yucca this week.

5 Likes

Nice looking golden.

2 Likes

Well it’s not a Solo Cup Grow any more! Haha,I figure since I’m the only one who grew a plant for the contest I can also drop out without letting anyone but myself down.
Our girl in the red cup was having a tough time getting enough nutrition to grow properly. definitely the heaviest feeder of these plants. Not a good mix with such a small root zone. Constant calcium deficiencies and a way smaller stem than the rest. It might be genetic, but the calcium problem certainly didn’t help.

Plants are being trained under some soft mesh netting to fill out the 3x3 area a 315w CMH will veg strongly. I want to fill out the 5x5 space completely to test my new LED from BIOS Ag Lighting. Hoping it’ll put out enough light to flower the area well - it’ll kill it in a 4x4.

Plants are being given a daily foliar spray of each of the before mentioned fulvic kelp and aminos with yucca as a surfactant, and are also getting now getting a calcium nitrate foliar spray. Both are pH adjusted to 5.5 in RO water and at a strength of 2.0 EC/1000 ppm on the 500 scale. Nutrients are at 2.4 EC/1200 ppm on the 500 scale at pH 6.1. The ratio of Cal-Nit was increased in reaction to the deficiency. I’ll be reducing the number of calcium nitrate foliar sprays over the next few days and keeping an eye out for calcium toxicity. The sprays are to get nutrition into the plant fast.

Also check out my ongoing review of the 315 CMH that @GNTeam and all of the people taking care of this forum set me and @hoppiefrog up with.
https://forum.growersnetwork.org/t/cmh-315w-prism-sun-systems-philips/25111/33

Apologies for a lack of updates, things are kind of picking up for me in regards to finding work as a grower with a couple different international medical startups. Exciting times!

7 Likes

Im excited to for you!! Your grow is sick man!! You’ll do great things in your new ventures!!:facepunch:… Your the type of operation rescue the world needs… Proud of you @devjyarn

2 Likes

Yes i do sir. Its runtz strain anyone growing it what to exspect.

4 Likes

They’ve been moved under the LED. Bulb decided to break between last night an this morning (off mostly during lights out, thankfully).

5 Likes

3 days of spreading the canopy out under LED has gone well.
Unfortunately the plant on the bottom right that was started vegged in the Solo Cup for its first 3 weeks is still dealing with the after effects of a well established calcium deficiency. The leaves that were affected continue to darken and slowly die, but new growth is looking good. I’ve bumped my pH up to 6.2 to try to encourage calcium uptake even more.

9 Likes

Week 3 vs week 4 of veg. Lights were raised up a bit and the canopy is getting an average of 350 PPFD for 18h. They were getting 450 PPFD and started to look a little tired about 3 hours before lights out, so I reduced the intensity and it’s been a good decision. Plants are getting EC 2.6 (1300 PPM) at pH 6.3 and all seem to be doing well. I mixed up a batch of nutes in a rush near the beginning of veg and gave the girls a calcium deficiency. My own fault for not being prepared and focused when measuring. Not going to let that happen again!

I’m happy with how flat the canopy is. Going to build a multi later trellis out of PVC and string soon to really get the plants all across the space.

CBDurban Poison

Northern Lights

Orange Chemo #4

Orange Chemo #1

Room is at a VPD of 1.3 during the day and 1.1 at night.

9 Likes

They look great! Amazing root development!!

5 Likes

Fn BeauTeeeFulll…do you always run at 2.6 economic? Every raise to 2.8 for nutrient deficiency? And how do your mix your nutes? I too use raw for one of the spots, but always have problem getting the K dosing right.

4 Likes

I’ve built up to 2.6 gradually. I’m using Jack’s Professional 5-12-26 with Cal Nit 15-0-0 and use their feeding schedule as a guide along with my supplements. I’ll adjust for different deficiencies with different methods - I can adjust my fertilizer ratios but keep the same EC, I might foliar feed, or raise or lower the EC depending on how fast the plants are feeding.
I’m mixing a 120 L reservoir and I’m measuring all of the nutrients and supplements on a scale, then measuring and adjusting to hit my target EC and pH.
These are 4 cuts from mom’s I planted in the summer. First run, so I’m learning a lot about them.
Are you using the Bloom and Grow dry nutes from RAW?

7 Likes

Put together a quick trellis out of PVC and self tapping screws with string. I will put in a second later in a week or two and flip to flower.

7 Likes

Very nice!!! :call_me_hand::facepunch:

4 Likes

Could you explain to me more on what the EC approximated the amount please? The salts, the nutrients, or what exactly in the media on 2.6?

3 Likes

The nutrient solution being fed to the plants is 2.6 EC (1300 ppm on the 500 scale). The nutrient solution, total of 2.6, is made up of my foundation nutrients plus my supplements. My foundation may make up 2.1 and my supplements could be 0.5 to make up the final total of 2.6

5 Likes

Fantastic. I got it, and I appreciated your elaboration on that.

5 Likes

I have used the grow and bloom, but I’m just using what I have left because about to start consulting for some bigger clients and won’t have time for current situation and so I’m just using up what I have. Thanks for your algorithym G.

5 Likes