Some dry sift at 150uf

Hey y’all
Got some ethos Runtz and a bit of the crushed velvet left so I ran through dry sift. I got the rosin industries pollen 500 and run the material while in my -60F freezer. Worked great. It produced a ton. The first was lighter as expected but the 2nd roll wasn’t as bad as I thought.

I ordered some 37uf bags going to try some rosin jam/jar tech.
I plan to run 25 grams hash per squish up to 2000 psig at 210F

Place in mason jar then cap and place in oven at 225F 30 minutes or so.
Pull from oven then place on a heat mat at 100F. Think maybe place a few jars in oven at 100F also.
Watch and wait for the magic to happen.

If you have experience with this process would like some feedback.

Thanks everyone.

13 Likes

Couple questions, why are you planning to decarb your rosin? Is it for edibles? Also why are you pressing at 2000psi? That will blow out any bag I’ve ever worked with and also diminish the quality because the rosin flow will be restricted.

9 Likes

Not for edibles.
Do you recommend a pressure max?
Thanks

8 Likes

This is for rosin jam.

8 Likes

750 to 850 psi usually gets the best results for most presses. It can vary with automatic or hand powered machines. Since you’re new and still learning start super low with everything and work your way up. If your not planning to eat your rosin there is no reason to put it in the oven. It’s ready to dab off the press. Whipping, curing, etc. is all for personal preference or market appeal.

9 Likes

The top pic is 150° pressed at 750psi for 90 seconds.

Bottom pic is around 165° at 800 psi for 90 seconds.

The more heat the more oils and terps come out but the product hardens up more. If you want quick easy jam just press everything 180 to 200ish and it should be nice and saucy after whipping.

9 Likes

Perfect.

I have my hash on parchment paper in a cardboard box in a 60F fridge. Turn over once a day. Yeah/Neah Other ?

Thank you for the advice.

9 Likes

Depends on your preference again. I glass everything immediately to diminish off gassing terps but that’s also because I have a backlog of material. Also depends on strain and batch. Making concentrates involves an insane amount of variables. Keep playing around with stuff and you’ll find your groove.

9 Likes

Thank you very much. Solvent in ca is tougher and $$ to get these days. Trying to switch over maybe.

9 Likes

great material _ how do you press your kief into balls, hash squares - dry shifting is very easy but have been unsucessful in pressing it - But see were a bubble hash can be made into balls very easy becasue of the moisture - have tried Frenchy’s pressing but un-successful. Thoughts ??? Thanks

6 Likes

I’m new to solventless. So my experience is short on that side. I pressed mine into rosin. I’m about to leave an update on my post in process.

5 Likes

@fist-ninja
Thanks for info. I pleased with my first run.
Material Fresh frozen Ethos Runtz.
Stored immediately after harvest in -60F freezer
Ran through pollen tumbler inside freezer.
Collected in 15 minute cycles
Dried on parchment paper inside cardboard box at 60F
I also visited Matt with Sasquatch Press. He was nice enough to give me a demo of my press. One of his.
Returned home and finished pressing hash.

10 Likes

Put into mason jar sealed at 100F to cure

8 Likes

9 Likes

Nice! Glad I could be helpful! :blush:

8 Likes

New press, 160 µm

8 Likes

WOW !!! Rosin Bomb (concentrate press) $450.00 is this product any good ?

5 Likes

I have a RosenBomb M 60. It’s a pretty good press. I haven’t use the smaller one that you were referencing. If you’re not pressing large amounts, they make a pretty good product.

7 Likes

Couple of days into cure.

8 Likes

Here is the final rosin. Peppery nose producing some serious terp tingle. Happy with results.
Starting up a new run of End Game. Going to pull plants at all milk instead of my normal 20-30% amber.

9 Likes