South Korea, WOW

This is a huge victory for the Asian countries, who’ve notoriously had the strictest drug policies in the world. Way to go!

8 Likes

This is a big step toward global legalization! Thanks for sharing, @rebecca!

5 Likes

You’re welcome! How are you, how was MJBizCon?

4 Likes

Doing well. MJBizCon was a whirlwind experience! My head is still spinning! How are you?

5 Likes

I jusr read about a month ago SK putting a ban its citizens using MJ products. Even in Legal countries. And any and All visitors would be tested and penilized if positive for thc @Growernick @rebecca
source: South Korea Will Punish Any Citizens Smoking Weed in Canada With 'No Exception'

3 Likes

Oh great! It’s so awesome that you got to speak, lmk if there’s a video feed of it. I’ve been well! Just working and enjoying life here in NM.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing that, @MK3_Pharms . Even the hard-line official who was interviewed for this article conceded that, if enforced, the law would be applied on a case-by-case basis and perhaps judges would be easier on medical cases. Now the judges have the ability to be more lenient.

Despite the hard line issued by Yoon, Lee told the newspaper judges would be more likely to deliberate each case on an individual basis, possibly being more lenient in cases in which medicinal cannabis was involved.”

It seems the new medical cannabis law in South Korea will be among the strictest in the world, but it’s definitely a big step forward for the whole Asian continent.

3 Likes

I don’t believe the Science Symposium was filmed, but if anyone does have even a grainy video shot on an old flip phone, I’d also be interested in seeing the footage. I am sorry you couldn’t make it!

4 Likes

Full global legalization in less the 20. it is already being brought up in the UN. Here in the US fully legal in less then 5.

4 Likes

Me too! Maybe next year with some more advanced planning. AZ isn’t so far away either!

4 Likes

Whoa. Ouch.

3 Likes

This is so amazing! Great job South Korea! South Korea is also where our CVaults are manufactured!

3 Likes

did you read the actual news i posted?
SK is no different then NK. SK claims to be a free society right? so why do they demand citizens out of country to follow coumtry laws. that soumds just like NK. please check your news sources before posting fake news. if ypu believe SK wont execute citozens for smoking pot your deluded.

I respect Marijuana Business Daily as a valid news source, and I don’t believe that I commented one way or another about what SK law enforcement will do to citizens caught smoking pot. Nor do I believe I’m deluded. You can approach the journalist yourself (article is posted), and the one thing that I do believe is that we should all show respect to one another in this online community. Let’s all remember why we’re here, to support one another!

3 Likes