Spacing Plants

I’d like to give my pants enough space so they dont feel overcrowded. How far apart do you place your plants from one another?

2 Likes

Welcome first off

1 Like

So give us some info to work with. What is your grow area in sq ft? Or m2

1 Like

Somebody correct me if I’m wrong but I’ve heard it’s good for plants to be able to rub leaves with each other

1 Like

This can cause mildew. Not that I don’t have plants touching right now. But I also don’t have mildew. However my condition might not be your condition. In fact I :100: can say it isn’t. Not saying mine is better or worse. Just that each set up is different. In one of my grow areas I have a few different tents and open rooms. They all are different

1 Like

There are many factors to consider when it comes to plant lay out. Many design patterns. Lots of options to consider. Only knowing what we actually are working with will we be able to help you with this question

1 Like

What if your space is small?.. I see leaves rubbing in grows all the time… So is it ultimately better not to have plants touching each other?

1 Like

If your space is small, better make sure it’s cool, and have air movement

1 Like

In a ideal setting. Your growing in a open room. Climate control. Plants with as much room as possible.

In the real world we adapt and anticipate what can happen. Always staying ahead of the issues.
Better to pre treat for pests then treat aftetna full blown out break type of mentality

1 Like

Go it… I think I’ll be ok… I have inline fans for intake and exhaust… Plus I open tent everyday and put fan on them… Stays around 75-80 in the tent humidity is around 45 right now… Was going to get another 6" fan to throw in the tent too

Well you are right down the road from me. Our environment without HVAC is dam close. As long as you keep that air moving. You’ll be ok

1 Like

I keep the AC at 78 right now without the apartment gets to about 80… It’s still hot during day but starting to cool down at night alot faster now… For sure my friend one of the first things I learned about was air flow is super important… Without HVAC how’s that work when it’s not so perfect weather for us like it is right now

1 Like

During the summer I run at night. This time of year I run during the day. Those cooler temps make the plants color.
Basically Oct/Mar I run flower. Rest of the year I’m breeding.

2 Likes

I have a 12’ w x 12’ L x 8’ H tent with 2 separate 8x4 tray tables.

1 Like

Makes perfect sense man… Learn something new everyday… I feel dumb now I never thought of running in the night during winter… Thanks :facepunch:

1 Like

Getting to know your equipment and how it performs year round is very important. This will help you in the coming years on how to plan. I’m already working up my 2021 work load.

2 Likes

Run at night during the summer. That way you don’t top out above 100 degrees. It can be done trust me. But those flowers will be clouds. Light and fluffy.

1 Like

Ya I just mis typed :rofl: run during day in winter**… Although the tent stays pretty steady year round in my spot… But you definitely have me thinking lol

I get it… I’m just overthinking :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

So with space like that. I like to go into the room with a tape measure and some painters tape.
From there I would start by making 3x3 boxes on the floor. That will give you a basic idea of spacing.
I could get really detailed here but it would probably get confusing