Spontaneous flower transition

Hey guys. A have an issue. It looks like one of my mother plants spontaneously transitioned into flower in my mother tent. Is this possible or am I just misunderstanding what I’m seeing.

What is your lighting schedule ?
How old is the plant ?
Are you positive it’s not an autoflower ?

1 Like

It’s not an auto. It’s at least 6 months old. And the lights are steady at 18/6. None of the others in the tent are affected. I just finished growing and flowering it’s clones.

1 Like

What you have is a very mature veg plant wanting to flower, it will start shooting out pistils and preflowers showing its sex and saying that it’s ready to flower.

I’ve had it happen to me before after a 3 /4 months of veg

2 Likes

I hope you’re right. I really wanna keep this mother around.

2 Likes

Since this plant hasn’t been triggered to flower, Is it still young enough to clone for the next round?

1 Like

I believe he’s right, I have had long vegged plants do the same thing.

2 Likes

Thats my next question. Can I still clone it and grow it again?

2 Likes

Yes you can clone it in any state if growth. Veg or flower. But if you clone a budding shoot after it roots it will reveg and it will take a long time but you can do it. Whu dont you perma clone? Always have anothe rooted clone as a mother. Its much much more efficient and you dont have to have a big mother on hand all the time. I used to keep mothers on hand and then my eyes were opened to the perpetual cloning. There is a grower on the vetted pro side named farmer_dan hes been growing the same clone for 37 years!

I just mean. If it’s not in flower right now but it’s exhibiting “bud structure” would it have to “reveg” or would it just continue growth like normal. Because the “buds” Have only gotten bigger. And I’m not sure what’s going to happen with the clones I took.

I also don’t have the room or the ability to monitor perpetual cloning. But I guess I could attempt it.

1 Like

It will reveg, it takes some time.