Springtail bug

All organic supplements in strawberry Fields soil in the 7 week of flower I found some bugs :bug: in the soil they move like a flea there white looked them up and found that they was Springtail says the eat dead organic material and they do carry beneficial bacteria around has anyone ever came across these bugs before I was going reuse the soil out side and didn’t want nuke the plants with not much time left there showing no signs of hurting the plants they all look great any suggestions on this new critter

3 Likes

@zeus @Packee @deusoboy420 @missiles @PreyBird1 has anyone here ever seen these in the garden some of the things I read about them leads me to believe they maybe ok just want to know if anyone has had this bug

2 Likes

@patricklardi Ive never dealt with them but when I see something I’m curious about on here I try to research it best I can… I don’t think they will be harmful to your plants but I guess they multiply like crazy and become a nuisance

How do I eliminate springtails? | THCFarmer - Cannabis Cultivation Network

Are you in living soil or organic…

4 Likes

I was going to tag you i forgot :metal:… What’s the difference tho bro? Is it fine in one but not the other

3 Likes

Yes try to use the old soil out side in a week or two when the plants are done to start a no till living soil got cover crops and red wrigglers waiting and don’t want to harm the soil

3 Likes

I have had clusters of bugs… beneficial herd up on my plants… and as soon as I feed the plants they disappear back below…like literally a 2"x2" cluster of bugs a couple hundred… panicked as it was my first true living soil grow…they left to eat something up top or left as they were missing something below… this season I now focus on these events to learn why…I want to go look for the bug online… thats why I asked the living/organic soil question…

6 Likes

Spring tails jump not crawl like said above

4 Likes

I want to find the study where… if you water with chlorinated water your living biomass is replenished with in 24 hours… so if I have to water with chlorinated as I was working and needed my teas brewed or a straight watering with chlorinated water… I just do it… better than not watering…

4 Likes

Sorry long day and been drinking with Packee… but I never seen them move so they might have jumped or crawled…I will go on line and see if I have seen them on my plants or in my soil…

3 Likes

They are mostly regional to west and south America. If u need dechlorinated water try a .5 micron carbon filter for clean water on demand works great

2 Likes

Okay no I have not had them… they are a nuisance and cause minimal damage…but they do cause hardiness issues… how to treat them…sorry can’t help…

2 Likes

If you want de-chlorinated water you can also use Seachem Prime (my wife has many aquariums, she gave me the ideal)

https://www.seachem.com/prime.php

5 Likes

Vitamin C powder(absorbic acid) will rid your water of both chlorine and chloramine. Just be mindful of PH because it’ll put you in the red, nothing PH Up can’t handle

3 Likes

I usually just filter my tap water but that’s genius I would of never thought of water conditioner for aquariums… I have a bottle for our beta fish in the cupboard :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

I’m not sure it removes chloramine as it requires a catalytic kdf filter to remove. But chlorine yes 100% correct

2 Likes

@districtflora… Love the pH up pH down by GH… Ive used lemon juice straight from a cut lemon to ph down before worked like charm

2 Likes

Prime doesn’t mess with PH :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah, I am stupid, why I got married (stupidest thing I ever did)

Yeah, I thank the wife for that one :wink:

2 Likes

Hey brother I love my wife but yes they can do some stupid shit just like we do lol

2 Likes