SpyderFarmer LED's

Does anyone have any direct comparison experience using these quantum board LED’s with samsung diodes vs. fan cooled gavedas(750)? SF looks promising, especially the sf 4000 model.
I know there are a lot of variables to consider, but given a small space(8x8) where temperature and humidity control aren’t an issue, can one realistically hope for comparable yields? I’d really like to be getting 2g/W to make it worth it. I need to use LED’s, HPS isn’t an option.
Also- any opinions on using light rails with limited travel? Are the compromises to the center of the canopy worth it?

I started off growing with Viparspectra fan cooled LEDs @cr0bes. But now I run Marshydro SP3000 which has the Samsung LM301b diodes. It’s really bright at 100% and doesn’t raise the temps in my tent past 77f. 79f with HOT5 bulbs running alongside. The new upgrade Mars did to their popular lights with these diodes was a game changer. All their lights run a little cooler. SpyderFarmer and Marshydro are pretty similar. I think they’re manufacturered at the same place if I remember reading correctly…
But I’d run fanless LEDs with good thick heatsinks, and a good Mean Well ballast. Good luck with your grow my friend! :v:

1 Like

I’m sorry I didn’t read the gavedas (750). Part till now…:joy:

2 Likes

That’s where i’m leaning. Funds are tight so i’ll probably occupy a small footprint with one light at first, but eventually would like multiple 4000’s. I think they only cost around $20/month to run!

1 Like

They’re real cheap lights to run!

2 Likes

Heya!

I am using the SF-2000 that came with the Spider Farmer 2X4 tent kit. When the light is on the temps in my tent increase by roughly 4 degrees Fahrenheit but I keep my temps in check with a 6 inch inline fan. It is my very first grow light EVER so I don’t have anything to compare it to. However, I will share a few observations I have made since it has been in continuous 18/6 hr on/off service for a solid month.

1: Simple design (no moving parts, handy dimmer switch, stuff screwed to a heat sink…simple)
2: Customer support (I had a non-light related issue and they bent over backward to make me happy)
3: My plants like it (That’s all that matters to me. The rest is just a bonus)

If I had to buy another light for any reason I would always consider one of these for the list.

1 Like

Thanks! 4 degrees is practically nothing compared to HPS! Some lights can melt plastic. I have a lot of faith in LED’s and these look really decent for the price point. Hard to beat samsung quality/efficiency within the realm of small electronics.

1 Like

How’s the quality of the finished bud? Are you getting solid nugs?

First grow only a month or so on the path. I am keeping an informal journal in the Grow Journal section. So far so good. The light is on and the plants are green, Captain!

1 Like

Before I pull the trigger tonight, I’m wondering if anyone thinks I can do better watt for watt as far as the light(s) goes? The SF 4000 only pulls 450 watts, but I can budge on that if the difference is worth it. Please share. Tent is only 5X9. I will be using C02 if that matters. Thanks!

I’d say go for it @cr0bes! That light has the same Samsung diodes as the Mars sp3000 I’m running now. I just finished drying my first plants I harvested from a full run with that light. I pulled a little over 1.5g per watt. Very pleased with the Samsung LM301B diodes! :+1::+1:

2 Likes

They run so much cooler than past generations of Samsung’s led diodes also.

2 Likes

Thanks man, I’m pretty sold on it, but the covert led-x 500 was brought up to me, and you know how that goes. Now I’m weighing each light spec for spec. The SF seems to have better specs, but I don’t know shit about LED’s tbh.
I just got a gorilla tent 5x9 btw

2 Likes