Sssportsmfg 2022 Grow log 100% Organic x Runtz x Bruce Banner x Candy Store

Was stoked that the second Candy Store came up yesterday evening as I was doing pics. Was looking forward to a nice green unfolded girl this morning…but looking at her I don’t believe she will make it. Colydons are pale white with a yellowish tint and the stem is also white, all the others have purple stems and came unfolded green. We shall see.

Marty

14 Likes

Bruce banner was my first indoor grow. Just got more seeds. Love that stuff. Gets you super high :rofl:

7 Likes

That’s why I put two of them in, have heard that for years. Then two years ago I went on a seed buying spree and got like 10 different strains of Fem all at once. BB being one of them. I have this habit of growing the same strain x 6 which is my limit per grow so I have never tried a lot of the strains that i have, that is why I did three different ones this grow, gotta start planting these seeds before they get old and also to try all the amazing stuff out there I never have.

Marty

9 Likes

I have the opposite habit haha. Always have a few different strains going. But you’ll definitely be pleased with that brucey. Like I said it was my first grow and didn’t have a single issue. Grew like a champ. Responds well to newbie stress I guess :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Well this is the struggling Candy store this morning. I got out my loupe and gave her a look. She has some green now, and the first true leaves are coming out, but they are super tiny and dead on the tips, she might make it but it is very iffy. The stem now has a little color as well. The others are all doing great. And in fact the other Candy store was the first to break ground and the biggest of them right now.

Yesterday…

Today…

One of the Bruce Banners

Marty

12 Likes

The candy store I grew outside last year started out the same way. I actually got first set of split leaves and stalled for over two weeks. Didn’t change, then it started to grow was the last one in the ground and turned out to be my second largest plant. Absolutely beautiful. :wink::+1:t3:

9 Likes

Yep Hap that is why I am gonna nurse her till she gives it up or gets better ! I have had runt plants turn out to be the best or one of the best too. When are you gonna do the Chocolope ?

Marty

7 Likes

I don’t know gonna be a minute. I gotta get the sexing the regulars down a little bit quicker.

6 Likes

Tag me when you put them in please, would like to follow those.

Marty

5 Likes

Good news all around. Looks like the misfit Candy Store is going to make it, but it will be a good week or more behind the others. Struggling, but getting better every day. The others are all doing great. Put in three for a growing friend of mine and will also give him one of the original 7. Leaving me with six.

Here is a few pics of them at 10 days old now. Nice branching and short and bushy.

First up the Bruce Banner from a few posts up.

The doing good Candy Store

A Preybird farms Runtz/White Caviar

Last and least is the struggling Candy Store

I am watering with RO Ph’ed water with the 5ml seaweed and 1 ts Fulvic acid as I start my seeds with. So far organic nutes seem to be available and color is good. The Runtz seem like they may like a little more than is currently available, but I am going to leave them alone and see if the organic cook catches up with the grow.

Marty

12 Likes

nice looking babies. rock them out, my friend

6 Likes

Thanks I’m working at it. Looks like little Candy store is definetely gonna make it.

Marty

5 Likes

Here we are at 14 days old on the large ones. The three smaller ones on the left end are 7 days old. These are Gold Leaf that I am starting for a growmie of mine that has problems with starting seeds. Another week and he will be taking those home along with one of the others (to be decided)

And when I opened the tent this morning I was greeted with about 10 fungus gnats, so I put three tablespoons of Mosquito bits in a quart of water let soak for 30 min and added to my feed water. Then I sprinkled the spent granules on the tops of all the cups and watered through them. Die gnats die. That also answers the question of where did they come from. Used some of the previously made up Canna coco and mixed it 50/50 with the ProMix. So definetely from the coco.

@PreyBird1 farms Runtz/Caviar were pale so last water I added 1/8th teaspoon boost per plant to the top of the soil and watered it in. They seem to have liked it by upping there rate of growth. Might have to feed them a little more than the others. The two Bruce Banner are loving the organic mix the best, followed up by the Candy store.

Does anyone know how long they (gnats) can live in soil that is inside a pot “cooking” with organic ingredients but with no plants in the soil? Can they live in a sealed envoronment with no light or air introduced while the soil is cooking for the organic grow?

Top row R/L is Bruce Banner Runtz Caviar Candy store Bruce Banner
Bottom row R/L is Candy store Runtz Caviar Runtz Caviar and the three Gold leaf in bottom left corner (small ones) The one Candy store is getting stronger every day getting it’s first true leaves with three.

Good strong stems/short internodes (love the Durolux seedling light) You can see the soaked bits laying on the top of the cups

Have a great day everyone !!

Marty

8 Likes

Got busy this afternoon and built my hanging bracket for the two Deep Red Emerson Effect boards and the two IR UVA Exotic bords I have from Rapid LED. Gonna be three weeks in the cups before you know it and time to put them in the big 10 gal bags.

I did mess up when I did the Organic Earth Dust mix. I thought they were 7 gal bags and did each one separate because it was much eaiser to blend all the dry ingredients in with the moist coco and Pro mix. So the nutes for the veg are about 25% milder than reccommended. I would rather it be that way than too hot. So i am going to amend the top layer of soil in the big pots when I transfer them. I added 2 ml of Chicken Soup to my feed water today along with the Mosquito bits. They responded almost immediately and are growing much faster, I can see the difference from just this morning. Chicken soup is a 100% organic fertilizer that I use on my Tomatoes in the summer time outdoor garden, it also works great indoors, but it has no phosphorus so not good for the flower cycle.

My build a bracket work. Simple and hangs perfect. Now if I can just find the other splitter for the DC power supplies to power all of them at once. It’s around here somewhere but I’ll be dammed if I can find it. I also can’t find my controller for the Rapid boards, bet they are in the same place as the splitter because I have jumpers for the controller so I can control all four types of LED’s on the two boards with different time schedules. Can’t find any of them…probably when I was wandering around stoned putting things up and it made sense at the time lol.

Marty

8 Likes

Hey Marty! I really like that idea of mosquito bits in feed water. I do not have to be stoned to put something right where I know I will find it easy… Yeah right LOL

6 Likes

I use to bookmark threads, but when I would go back later I couldn’t remember why I bookmarked it, so now I take screenshots! Lol!

6 Likes

Just FYI neither fungus gnats nor their larva in your soil can survive without air (oxygen). I think your mosquito bits soaking is a excellent, cost effective control.

Fungus gnat’s larva feed on roots, and are a major vector for spreading Pythium and multiple other fungi that kill young seedlings pretty quickly!

4 Likes

Hey @sssportsmfg dont forget the azomite!

4 Likes

Starbuck Baristas life Cycle is about 17 days if I recall correctly. This time of year they come from so many sources, sump pits, kitchen-sink drains, grocery store very ripe fruit, etc etc. Larvae/Pupae live for a couple weeks of that 17 days. Just treat for them with your microbe inoculation and dont worry, BT I or K will reproduce and establish a culture just like your bacillus, pseudomonas, trichodermas etc. When I set a Coco pot I just toss in a handful of bits from the get go figuring the microbes, enzymes etc will eat up those little corn cob bits too.

4 Likes

Thats sweet light there. Lots of room to add stuff. I just got another luxx xr820 light. Im finally ditching the HPS forever!

6 Likes