Sssportsmfg 2022 Grow log 100% Organic x Runtz x Bruce Banner x Candy Store

OK today spent about 5 hours cleaning divots, saucers, and seedling cups and made up the first of 6- 10 gal. grow bags of Organic soil for this grow. Below I am listing the recipe that I made up for this grow. The main nutrients is the @TheMadFlascher recommended Earth Dust. It is comprised of two parts, a base, and a boost.

The seeds will be from Preybird Farms, one of our own.

Basically you mix the Earth Dust base into a pre made organic soil. I had already purchased enough Canna coco coir for this grow so I decided to make my own organic base grow medium. The following is what I did today.

Each 10 gal bag will contain the following which is supposed to take you all the way through the grow with the exception of top dressing with boost all during the flower cycle. Now the instructions on the base bag states that if you are using coco, you should add 1 Tbls of boost to each gallon of coco. I am using a blend of coco and Pro Mix HP at the rate of 50/50 so I added 1/2 that amount as my blend is 1/2 peat which is considered organic, and coco which is considered an inert medium.

To each ten gallon of coco/ProMix I added the following organic amendments to produce an organic/inert soil blend.

5 cups of worm castings
4 Tbls Diastic Malt
7 Tbls Azomite
4 cups insect Frass
5 Tbls kelp meal

The Earth Dust was added as follows and per the instructions on the bag per gallon per each 10 gal container.

3 3/4 cups base (3/4 cup =11 Tbls) 33 Tbls total.
3 1/2 Tbls Boost.

So as of now I have 1 7 gal bag made up and filled, and 7 starter cups (filled with the exact same soil mix. They are slightly larger than dixie cups. I am using 20 oz. plastic chicken liver and cottage cheese containers lined with non-woven grow bags. My plan is to grow them for about 3-3.5 weeks in these before transfer to give the large pots time to “cook” per the instructions of the Earth Dust.

The starter pots.

The one finished fabric pot. (also per the instructions of Earth Dust to use fabric containers)

I plan on starting the seeds on the 4th of March, per planting by the moon best times to germinate.

And here we go…won’t be much at all for a week or so. Until I start the seeds in some water.

Marty

20 Likes

Bookmarked @sssportsmfg , you overgrow, great start and looking forward to watching your developments.

7 Likes

I’ve been looking more and more at trying this. So I’ll be watching. :+1:t3:

7 Likes

Hap, I did all the same amendments on my current grow the organic additions to straight coco, and the difference in the smell and flavor was amazing, so hopefully this will be even better, the ProMix and the coco are zero nutrients so I added the additional as Earth dust reccommends that you use a potting mix that has organics in it already. Gonna be mixing soil for the next couple of days. I am seriously considering getting a concrete mixer a small electric one. This mixing everything in a plastic concrete pan is getting old lol. Plus I think the mixing would be a lot better with it moving while you are adding the stuff.

Marty

7 Likes

Wow did I just get a great deal. 10 blocks of Canna coco for 40 bucks. Friend of mine who also has a license to grow, has to get drug tested for the next several years due to multiple DUI’s. He asked me if I wanted the coco for that price, I tried to give him more but he wouldnt’ take it. That will take me through a couple of grows mixed half and half with ProMix in seven gallon pots. Can’t beat that. He told me it was partial payment for fixing his AC and furnace multiple times for free.

Marty

11 Likes

Got everything mixed up and potted up. Decided to put the cook up in each pot individually so that I didn’t break up the mycelim in the fungus web that will develop. Now everything is 100% ready, just gonna wait for the moon. Then it’s off to the races with this organic grow. Wish me luck, second time trying 100% organic with supposed everything’s in the bag and the first wasn’t good lol.

There are six bags one is already in the tent, got pooped out and quit here for the day. Good Sunday though.

Marty

16 Likes

Good luck to you🤑 I will be watching this, hope to see some beautiful ladies.

6 Likes

Ok here is the first new information on my 2022 grow in a while.

All of mine have now popped this morning except one, all three Runtz/White Cavier from Preybird Farms are now hatched lol…all very consistent, roots all the same length. Put them in the dirt just now at 10:21 am. Looks like the same time frame on germination as others that have grown it. Yesterday when I posted it was 27 hours, they went overnight again and all had roots this morning when I looked at 9 am. Took a shower cleaned up and then got busy potting them up. Turns out that one of the Bruce Banner didn’t pop yet, I thought that I saw a very small bulge and root coming out yesterday but nope…put it back in the towels, and added another one as a guarantee and to keep them from being a long ways apart if that one doesn’t pop. I had originally intended to put in all Preybird farms seeds this grow, but got out my two seed containers and realized that Prey’s stuff is the newest, and I was letting a lot of good genetics get old and have never tried them. So Prey’s Runtz/White Cavier got three spots and the other spots are Candy Store from Ethos, and Bruce Banner from I don’t remember where I got them lol.

The one cup without a tag is waiting for a Bruce Banner to pop.

And that’s all I got for today.

Marty

18 Likes

Small update…put in one more Bruce Banner into a deep glass yesterday let it soak for 6 hours. Same as I always do, Seaweed extract and Fulvic acid added to a gallon of water at a rate of 5ml seaweed, and 1 teaspoon of Fulvic acid, then Ph’ed. Put the new baby into the towels with the non-hatched one and this morning had a 1/4" long tail on the new one put in yesterday. The other one is still just sitting there, I have found that when they don’t pop within 3-4 days they ain’t gonna for the most part. Anyway glad I put in the new one yesterday so they will all be very close on germination date. Put the new one into the dirt just now at 9:15am. Three of the ones put in yesterday are already pushing up soil one I can see the stem and head, the other two just pushing up the soil ahead of breaking free.

Gotta remember that this is a no-nute form the bottle or can grow, just RO water and inocculants only.

And we are off to the races…One note, the bags were bigger than the 7 gal Radicle bags I used last grow but didn’t realize that until I set them on the divots in the saucers. Apparently they are very close to 10 gal as calculated by width x height. So my organic soil mix is going to be a little cool on nutes. But that’s OK as less is always more when it comes to nutes and healthy plants. I had purchased these bags a couple of years ago and then remembered that I had purchased 10 gal bags as an experiment, then decided to go with, and purchased the 7 gal Radicle bags. Not quite as hot but three gal more soil with organic nutes,

Marty

10 Likes

Just posted a photo of the Preybird seeds I started today as well. Compared to your methodology, I feel like a 1" penis.

6 Likes

There is tons of ways that work, it is just my method. I would guess that everyone on here that has been growing awhile has a little thing they do that seems to make things better wether it does or not lol. So we do it.

Marty

10 Likes

I really try to KISS. The incredibly simple method I use seems to work consistently, and I honestly can’t emphasize enough, simple method.

Bowl, paper towel, water (purified), seeds, stick wrap, done.

5 Likes

Mine is that simple too, only thing different is the amendments to the water, both have been proven to enhance root growth. Glass/Ptowels dirt.

Marty

9 Likes

Well small report.

Everything is up through the soil except one of the Candy store :crossed_fingers:. Even the Bruce Banner three days behind is up. All three of the Runtz/White caviar are up as well, just went in the dirt yesterday. Ye Haa lol !!

:musical_note:On the road again :musical_note:

Marty

12 Likes

Looking good. Following along.

6 Likes

Thanks long time no see !

Marty

6 Likes

Well I was really hoping it would come up, but it looks like one of the Candy store is dead in the dirt. Been in the cup for 3 days now one of the first to grow a tail and get put in the cup, but alas it just isn’t breaking ground. Still have six which is my limit anyway. So as long as nothing keels over we are on the way. The remainder all seem healthy, dark green, purple stems and short and upright.

Update just pulled the tray out a little to take pics AND SHE IS UP !! Woo HOO!!

I can see I will have to be careful this ProMix holds water more than straight coco.

Marty

15 Likes

This is the only one that took 3.5 days to come up. The others busted through in less than 24 hours, only had the surprise with the one Candy store, six in and six up. It was just that I noticed that the surface was still very wet looking in the picture and i didn’t water except when I buried them and only with 20 ml of water to settle the soil around the root. And my mix is half canna coco and half ProMix HP. The pearlite you see is all from the ProMix didn’t add any so actually if you used straight ProMix it would have twice the amount, there is quite a bit in the mix. And you are right Spagnum moss holds a TON of water. When they first started making disposable diapers, they used Spagnum moss in-between the layers of paper.

Thanks
Marty

8 Likes

Dude that was the 1800’s…its silica gel nowadays

4 Likes

Not that long ago…but yeah a long time ago. Friend of mine works as a machinist for Kimberly Clark in North Agusta South Carolina. He took me on a tour of the complete plant. Back then (20 years) they made their own toilet paper on a giant heated drum running in a pulp slurry. Very interesting.

Marty

10 Likes