Starting seeds Question

I’ve been using the cubes to start my seeds, does anybody use a paper towel message

7 Likes

Oh yeah. Thats the best way I think. A little hands on action with the babies.

5 Likes

Only way I’ve ever done it… get i nice tail going then plant into solo cup … after a few weeks transplant into final home

5 Likes

I just did it this time around.

4 Likes

Works flawless I feel like the roots are acclimated more that way when transplanting than a cube

4 Likes

I have no complaints.

3 Likes

So after the Germination should I put that seedling in the clay balls or should I put them into a cube

3 Likes

Paper towel – but I pre-soak seeds for 12 hrs --then paper towel them

5 Likes

Wet towel or cup of water. Both work well.
If clayton’s your growing media then I split the cube in half, put the poped seed in, tail down, close back up and transplant the cube into the clayton. Plug the hole with a piece from a corner.
Works for me…:sunglasses:

5 Likes

Couldn’t help there bro sorry… I do promix hp

3 Likes

I’ve only used the paper towel method. It’s what I did the first time I tried growing and it worked.

So I never thought to screw with it because it worked for me.

So if you’ve used a different method and it’s successful and you like it… roll with it, baby! There’s a thousand different ways to get to the same place.

Stay lit, my friend. :v:t3:

6 Likes

I might get shit for this but I just stick them in soil and water I believe it makes a stronger plant making it push through the soil

4 Likes

That works best for me in soil or coco too…

3 Likes

Since I do autos I plant in the final pot so I make sure they’re viable first I do a 1/2 c water 1.5 tsp pyroxide soak for 12 hours then I fold them in paper towel moisten them with that solution and ziplock them put them under a bowl for total darkness for 24 hours if they dont even crack after that they’re dud seeds or really old

7 Likes

Paper towel is my favorite method. It saves me loads of time and resources.

6 Likes

I like that idea and I will give it a try

5 Likes