Storing soil

About a month ago I purchased some ocean farms and stored it in 5 gallon buckets. (This is before i decided to go living soil) Went to start my transplant and opened it up and noticed a lot of condensation/transfer to the lid. Is this no bueno? I can go snag a new bag of medium, this worried me.

5 Likes

Not unless you got orange fungi growing on the top of the soil… you’ll b just fine, how about a pic of the soil! Looks good … All’s good. It can get wet just not stay wet and just damp for a year. I can 100% tell you I’ve had it in my shed for months. Ive also had some with yellow and orange shit growing in top… Guess what scrape that s*** off use the rest - voila!!! Okay I used it on my roses though atleast. Come on I’m not that bad…lol
Your one organized dude… That crazy with the buckets… kudos brudda!!! I wish I was so … Good I guess…lol

5 Likes

Perfect that’s what I’ll keep an eye on! I’m transferring an auto and peeped this method on @bow4buck journal. Got some myko going in at the bottom.

5 Likes

Wait. I’m confused. Is the bottom of that cup missing? Whats the plan?

4 Likes

Haha no, I watered well and let it sit out a day or so to take shape before I pulled the cup out. Here is another pic…

4 Likes

Perfect :ok_hand:. I was worried for a minute :grin::v::call_me_hand:

1 Like

Am I the only one that wants a donut now. Looks like a cookies n cream :doughnut:

5 Likes

nice! i bet the mix is actually better for having sat in a sealed container for a bit. Condensation is good IMO signs of good microbial life and it means everything didnt dry into a brick lol. You gonna use these for the shed grow?

2 Likes