Strange question about blue tube

Ok here is a strange question … I have blue tube to check water/nutes level its clear blue . Do you have to cover it or cap it to prevent light from entering to keep algae from growing?

2 Likes

I have never used a tube like that. Hahaha do you get accurate readings with your pens? If I was a logical guessing guy, id say you are ok, but if you are worried just stick some duck tape or something around the tube to make it darker. Make sure your able to do some diluted and fresh water feedings in that bucket system to keep the salt deposits down.

I do fresh water and teas for my girls they are in living soil with water chamber and air below. Kinda like and octopot I have been diying different designs to see which grows best for me. Thank you for you reply I have a pvc tube gonna rig it in am when my lights come on. That way I have access and can check level. Have a High nite!!

1 Like

You dont need to cover any part of you blue plastic tube @kkustom. The purpose of the blue color vs clear is to block any light that can cause algae growth. I use them as water level indicators in my rdwc system.

3 Likes

Thank you @Tygrow78

2 Likes

I never knew that. Hahaha growing commercially almost 20 years,thanks!!! I love knowledge, for real!!!

1 Like

Yeah living soil and teas are easy… just a quick amendment between grows and your off again…

1 Like

Hehehe ok but what about the top of the tube its open at the top. Isnt light leaking in there? I know it’s just a little bit but it’s still open to light. You guys are great!!! Nice to be able to talk with someone about my grows. Xo to all!!!

1 Like