Stretching already?

Are my girls starting to stretch already or is this normal??

2 Likes

From what I can see everything is fine. Try to take pictures without the blur pile light. That way we can see true colors. Peace

2 Likes

Looks good to me. You need to get you a little 2ft. starter light in the 5000K spectrum, it keeps your seedlings nice and short and stocky.

What about this one that I’m sending pics of? I only have the stupid ass blurple in there cause I was told that heat would make ‘em stretch! Is that true?

1 Like

Any feedback is definitely appreciated my brother :blush:

1 Like

This is just some of the specs

Oh, the camera I posted pics of and took those pics with, y’all HAVE to get one! It’s super badass and gets in super close! You can literally see EVERYTHING!!!

3 Likes

Light to high, wrong color, heat will all make em stretch. The purpose is two things, the higher blue makes em short and stocky, and you don’t need to run that big light when they are seedlings. Saves a lot on electricity. I grow my seeds/seedlings for a good three weeks under a small 50w two strip LED full spectrum 5000k.

4 Likes

Yeah I’m gonna switch back to my four foot blurple when I get done work. It’s too hot and I don’t want my girls to stretch too much! They already are a little. Went home on lunch and turned the dimmer down till I get home. Thanks man

1 Like

3 Likes

Alright. Now leave it alone. That way you can see your inputs.

1 Like

Yeah I know lol. I wanted to catch them tho before it got any worse and was early enough for me to fix it

1 Like

Can you post a link for that light? What brand is it?

1 Like

It has the name of it right on the pic I’m about to send you brother! And it’s a badass light for sure!

1 Like

Tmlapy is the name brand

1 Like

So I put my blurple back in. How far do you keep it from your plants tops? I have it about 6-8 inches right now…?

1 Like

I’m not following the camera thing peanut?? Is that “fish eye” the lens for a camera with a clip on it? Or you saying that’s a camera all together? The little guys look like they are off and running, you’ll be harvesting in no time. LoL good stuff. And for the record you’ll know if they’re stretching they look so disproportionate when they are. Go with your gut you got this, easy Japanese?!

1 Like

You seedlings aren’t stretching; at the moment they look fine. I was just saying if you get a little starter light it will save you on electric and keep em short and stocky until you transplant into a large grow bag, and then use the light you put up pics on. When I was looking at the spectrum graphs they have up it looks like they got em backwards or they made the light wrong, they show higher red for seedlings and lower red for flowering…that’s exactly backwards. Look up Durolux on Amazon. they make a little 50w full spectrum 5000k light that works fantastic, you can run it so close that they touch it; doesn’t hurt them. They stay cool and short and stocky.

1 Like

So I’m sending my other light back and buying this one! What do you think?

1 Like

What about this one peanut?

1 Like

You don’t think the bigger one would be better? I’m gonna use it full term!

1 Like