Stuff for natural growing

Hi everyone, I’m a first time grower, but already amateur gardener (been doing my backyard for a couple years).
So, I’d like to go natural growing using organic composting. I know it takes quite a lot time and requiers extra attention, but since I work from home (till the end of this goddamn year), I guess I can pay the needed attention to my plant.
The question is mostly about compost, cause I’ve never worked with it before.
I’ve been reeding some articles about growing natural, asked a few friend about the experience. My buddy told me, that it’s easier to use a compost tumbler. And I dont know which one to choose. Should I buy it at all? I’m not quite shure, I’ll need it later if my little experinet fails (hope it wont)
I’m choosing between these models. Any opinions?

The next thing is - do I need a small greenhouse? (for outdoor growing) I’m kinda afraid of the weather changes.
Also, if you have any recomendations on additional stuff to ease the growing process, you are welcome to reply.

sorry, if I sound stupid or whatsoever, I’m just tryin’ to avoid some beginners mistakes

cheers :wink:

1 Like

Hi Todd. Great questions. You are very right about the organic route, it does require more attention to detail. The tumblers are a great way to speed up the composting cycle, and also save you some blood, sweat and tears while you turn manure with a shovel. I looked at them and they are much-of-a-muchness. I think the larger one is better, and also thought the mobile bin was practical. I think the only limitation is the amount of compost you can make in each.

What are you planning on composting? Do you have space? How much are you plannin on growing, vegetables included.

You need to look at other options to:
Vegging- get a small worm farm, use a couple kitchen scraps to make black gold.
Flowering - you need to look for your resources available for the flowering stage. Kelp, bat guano, wood ash, molasses are great components needed for flowering plants.

There are loads of micro nutrients that can be sourced from home to. Personally I have decided to go out and purchase some amendments for my organic grow this season. It is very difficult to accommodate all the nutrients needed for a cannabis plants lifecycle o your own. But its well worth trying.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply!
the backyard is big enough and it has flowers round the inner perimeter. I used to have a pool there, but removed it recently, so the yard is pretty empty right now.
I was just about to add if I should get a warm farm, but here you are, so I guess I’ll defenitly we’ll look up to vegging.
Thanks mate

1 Like

Try giga green 4-4-4 all Purpose and the 2-8-4 bloom it’s all organic also only eh every 30 day top dress to the soil u just mix it in your top soil then water no flushing needed

2 Likes

Let’s see the plants g