Stuff needed for drying and harvest?

Hey guys! So now that I’m pretty sure my plant is a girl I’m going to need all the stuff to trim, cut, dry, and cure my plant! I figured I would ask you for what is the best of the best for

• drying racks
  • clippers/shears for trimming
  • the bin thing you are supposed to cut your plants over that has a grate (?) forgot what it was called.
  • mason jars(?)
  • all the things I missed that I know you will recommend so I can have a great harvest!

Let all the experienced and bright canna minds lead me to what I need to get to be even remotely as successful as you guys. :heart::kissing_heart: I appreciate your help so much! Also any advice on how to best dry and cure your plant is greatly appreciated!!

2 Likes

Lovely to be getting to the stage you are, just a couple more patient weeks.

Drying rack:

Trim bin:

Jars:

If you have a decent budget this is a good deal:

Something you are not mentioning is what to do with all your left over trim. Make some natural bubble hash of course.

You will also need a good playlist of music, some groovy netflix lineups and some yoga for your hands and arms. Enjoy.

3 Likes

By trim do you mean the fan leaves or the sugar leaves? Sorry I had to google what bubble hash was. I’m still super green to this marijuana thing. I started seriously smoking it like 1-2 years ago and stuck to mostly edibles so I’m still learning all the magical elements and all the different kinds of cannabis and how to use it/make it.

2 Likes

If you think smoking weed is addictive, try growing it. Welcome to the learning journey. Lots to learn and you in a good place. Yes. I dont really use the fan leaves, I give those to my animals for nutrition. The leftover trim is very good for bubble hash making, and since I learnt to make it, I do it after every harvest. Its really worthwhile as you can look at getting about 5-10% of what you put in to the bags, and it come back as hash. Always a nice treat when homegrown is in low supply.

4 Likes

hey @chrisj I was wondering if you can explain what a trim bag does? I read the description and I don’t really understand how I’m supposed to use it. I know the scissors are for trimming the leaves but what does the collapsible bag do? Thanks so much for your help!

Ac is super important and a dehumidifier will ensure you don’t ruin ur hard work after u chop, aim for temps between 62-68f and rh at 62 or as close as possible. Use a fan in space but blow against wall not on buds.

6 Likes

They keg to nice smooth tasty buds is a consistent drying never letting buds re moisten in the process that is why a dehumidifier is so important. It will prevent buds from smelling like hay,but you want the whole process to happen slowly 10-21 days is best

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing that info @hoppiefrog.

2 Likes

Hey Hoppie do u wet or dry trim

2 Likes

No prob happy to help

1 Like

If the rh is too low (often is in winter) add a humidifier

3 Likes

I’ve got the humidifier. Any recommendations on a dehumidifier that would work for a 4x4 tent?

1 Like

Great question and thanks for all the answers! This will be my first harvest too. I have just one plant outdoors and it’s so beautiful and smells so awesome I don’t want to mess it up!

2 Likes

Any 30 pint machine should do the job, I use fridgit air

1 Like

I prefer dry trim for bud quality, but do some wet trim for the hash quality

1 Like

Dude,

I just got through harvesting my First Ever home grow. It is drying in my closet now. Lol. Been toking since high school, (a while now).

Congratulations on takeing it to the next level, man.

3 Likes