Success Secrets for CBD e-commerce

Happy Monday Growers Network. I am preparing to moderate a panel at a upcoming expo. I wanted to get your opinions on what are some of the pain points, what works, what are your recommendations or warnings you would want to tell the future e-commerce players coming into this industry.

My focus with the panel is that they must first learn the fundamentals of e-business registration, merchant accounting, site building, SEO, social media, and e-commerce development.

Thoughts? Comments? best practices? horror stories?

Thanks in advance.

Sandra

6 Likes

Inviting @growopowners, @DispensaryOwners, @mastergrowers and @EquipManufacturers to assist Sandra with her questions for the expo panel.

Happy chatting and growing!

3 Likes

Congratulations on the panel, spreading education is so important. Please feel free to call me directly if you have any questions on anything really, but compliance and Lab/ Grow build outs are my specialty. I am project manager at Podtronix and can help answer any question regarding C1D1 environments and portable or in building build outs. Good luck & look forward to helping out :dancing_women: #womenincannabis
Pepper @Podtronix : 626.417.6368

4 Likes

@cannabizopps I’d be happy to participate. I’d say my biggest challenge is Social Media. While we have made some HUGE strides - we seem to have to tread lightly. Oddly enough, I see ginormous billboards for growers, dispensaries and delivery companies everywhere.

I’m starting to see more and more “offline” advertising. WOM (Word-of-Mouth) Videos, T-shirts, Billboards, print magazines and Podcasts.

I really think that like many verticals that had a strangle-hold on traditional advertising methods - cannabis may need to “do its own thing”.

Remember when book publishers needed an agent and endless submissions and prayers to get a book deal signed? ePublishing came along and literally everybody was able to publish a book virtually overnight!

The scrutiny and criteria needed to break into the world of publishing vanished within months. I remember reading about a couple in the mid-west, who’d both be laid off during the last recession.

With limited options and a family - they took to their basement and started writing romance novel eBooks (remember this was 2007-2008). Within a year, they were pulling in 7 figures. (an exception I know)

They couple was contacted by a literary agent after their story was published in a syndicated news outlet.

The agent promised them untold advantages and benefits - to which the couple replied (sic) “we’ve been doing pretty well on our own…why do we need you?”

What does this mean for THIS conversation? eCommerce will find a way WITHOUT the current stakeholders.

Someone will build an app or create a SEO portal or a Netflix show (wink, wink) that will no longer require the antiquated permissions that limits eCommerce today. [censored graphics] [descriptions may violate federal policies] etc, etc…

I’m always thinking of clever lead magnets, authoritative information and following trends to move on a dime so I can better position our company for the best results.

6 Likes

thank you for this. Allot of good information, I did not think about.

2 Likes

Dutch Passion - CBD Charlotte’s Angel - 0.7% / 15%
https://www.sensibleseeds.com/dutch-passion-seeds-cbd-charlotte-s-angel-feminized.html