Suitable outdoor grow strains

Hello All,
I was just wondering can anybody offer some insight on what strains are suitable for an outdoor grow operation.
They would have to take into consideration that the cultivation season begins in May and ends in September/October. In addition, to into consideration the weather and temperature variables in the North East.

Would prefer high THC strains minimum 18% that could work under these conditions.

Thanks
SS

6 Likes

@growopowners, @GrowOpEmployees, @mastergrowers what are some of your favorite outdoor cultivars that you think might be ideal for the conditions described by @vortex-cannabis?

4 Likes

Jack Herer from GreenHouseSeeds
Papaya
Aurora - Indica
Northern Lights Cross

5 Likes

This can be kind of a tricky question to answer without certain inputs (for example, your market base, method of cultivation, facility design), but as a rule of the thumb use your latitude in selecting strains that will finish appropriately. As a general note, I’d recommend Indica / indica dominant hybrids and in specific Afghan lineage as they tend to be the closest 7-8 week finishers and can tolerate colder conditions toward harvest. Be wary of certain Chem phenotypes as they tend to be high mold facilitators.

6 Likes

Hello D.,
Thanks for you reply in reference to the suitable strains for outdoor grow.
Just to give you a little extra info as per your reqeust.

These will be grown for the recreational market up here in Canada. Facility is a 20,000 square foot greenhouse which we will use to propagate starting in March and then transfer the plants to the outdoor grow area come May, which is 10 acres to start.

Let me know what you think.
Thanks.

4 Likes

I would try some of GreenHouse Seeds via Single Seed Centre they grow very vigorous outdoors most are a landrace cross. They grow them very large in the breeding process to enable the genetic potential of the offspring. Also good for SOG.

2 Likes

this one has been very popular this spring

4 Likes

@vortex-cannabis

Saw some work today and thought about this thread…Swerve @ Cali Connection released Green Crack aka Cush in seed form…PHENOMENAL outdoor strain from my experience…doesn’t compromise quality or intrigue…but still finished before any major frost exposure…definitely one to think about :D. Isn’t genetic hunting fun?! Lol

3 Likes