Sunrise and sunset settings on lights do they make a difference

Gradually going into flowering instead of going straight to 12 ~ 12 Bring her down to 14 hours For 2 weeks then 13 then 12

Makes no difference in my opinion.

3 Likes

Doesn’t make a difference but if ur looking for faster flower period look into 730 nm I use them and took almost 2 weeks off my flower time

3 Likes

People seem to be getting extremely fanatical, With their lighting signed to get the most natural, They consider a plant growing in its natural habitat to be the best way so they have lights that you can actually die in tune to that area of the world in which the plant was naturally grown ,
Yes I do believe this is overkill however acquired interesting thank you for the info everyone

1 Like

I’ve done the exact same thing a couple grows ago and had mixed results. Mostly it just extended the time it took for most to go into flower by a week or so. When I switched to 12/12 the transition was quicker than stepping down from 18/6 to 14/10 etc.

As far as red and far red light…730nm is great for flowering and I have 4 fixtures with them r-Spec HLG and Photo-boost strips build and I think they do work great!
Far red range is 750nm to 850nm is I also have bulbs (Thera Bulbs I think they are called) that are in the far red range and come on 15 minutes before lights on and off 15 min after lights came on. And also on again 15min before lights out and 15 min after lights out.
Far red helps the plants wake up quicker and go to sleep quicker so they can maximize the hours the lights are on.

As others have said it’s not gonna hurt but may extend your total time to harvest for some strains etc. if they take longer to transition into flower as some of mine did when I tried that.

Hope yours flip quick and good luck

3 Likes

Causes less stress when you gradual decrease in my opinion… Someone once told me a good veg is key to a good harvest :wink:

5 Likes

My initial experience with farRed is that my Sativa strain buds get tighter. but the biggest impact I have seen is that it can cut down a week or two on long flowering strains.

Something that took 11 weeks is ready in 9 (10% Amber trichs)

I just put them on 30 minutes when lights come on and the last 30 minutes. I do not use them to extend the 12/12. I am no expert nor novice - just a hobbyist with a science background.

1 Like

This is a year old with people who are no longer here.

You should hear the conversations I have by myself while driving.

3 Likes