Supporting your buds

So how is eveyone supporting the buds. I like the netting and scrog. How are you all doing it?
I find using micro cord is great but tying a small knot is not fun and can be sticky. So I take a small alligator clip and tie the micro cord to it and the other end i tie a loop. I loop it up on the tent support pole above and simply lean the stem up where i want it and clip the cord above onto it and around the stem.

Works super easy and comes off in a blink of an eye.

5 Likes

I go to the dollar store and buy 100’ of garbage tie on a roll for $1… and use that… that gator hook will damage or grow inside the stalk… my ties do but then I am not moving a plant… I am supporting monster buds outdoors… that clamp won’t open far enough…lol…

3 Likes

I’m working on mastering my scrogg technique. I’ve used plastic zip ties to fasten stems to my screen, but they cut into the flesh a little. So I’m using garden twine now, and it works great!

4 Likes

I love the garbage tie method… leave extra as it is really cheap and if required can then be loosened off…

2 Likes

The gator clip only clips onto the cord. I just loop the cord around the stem and clip back onto the cord making a big loop.

2 Likes

See this is what im practicing next! I got the cloning down. I’ve been practicing with coco coir and soil. And i have a DWC i havent used yet. I working my way into it.

2 Likes

You definitely got a green thumb brother, and your going love what you can do with dwc. The cloning thing is what I need to work on. You got that down forsure. I’ve seen the monster roots you can get going!

3 Likes

Thank you so much! Hey you can do it too! I just practiced it. I had some failures for sure and i killed a few being stupid and taking them out to soon. I found the best is just be patient. I also like clonex and there nutrients for seedlings. But next time im going to try dakine420 as my seedling starting nutrients. Usually i just start my seedlings and clones in the clonex nutrients and then go to my nutrients im using for the grow.

2 Likes

I pull my bonsai back with soft wire and little skewers I can make a hook with the wire that I wrap on the skewer and then stake my plants down to keep them low and grow in the direction I need them to.
I also like to super crop the larger branches to the point where I always break one or two stalks. They always heal stronger and

1 Like

Make sure u let us know how dakine420 works for ya. I’ve got clonex that I use, but am interested about other products.

1 Like

I will. Im doing a side by side test soon!