Surna HVAC systems...any users?

We’re considering upgrading our old inefficient split units to a water chiller based system made by Surna. I have actually been to their shop in Colorado a few years back and they gave me a tour of a local operation using their gear, but I couldn’t afford it at the time. Is anyone using their chiller HVAC systems?

6 Likes

@GrowOpEmployees, @growopowners, @mastergrowers: are you using Surna systems in your facility? Would you be down to provide @lovingkindnessfarms a testimonial? Would you buy Surna again if you were in @lovingkindnessfarms shoes?

5 Likes

Hello, Jason!

I’m glad to see you are reaching out to the community to receive some real feedback from our customers. I’m sure some of our clients will be happy to share their experiences, and we’d also like to share a few of our client case studies in which four cultivators discuss how their Surna systems helped them improve the quality of their crops while maintaining a high standard of water and power efficiency. In our most recent case study, Nic Borst of Durango Cannabis Company told us that he has been able to maintain a water bill of around $30 with 98% water reclamation.

Case Study Durango Cannabis.pdf (985.2 KB)
AgroPack and Flora Fina.pdf (80.6 KB)
Control Your Grow Rolling Farms Case Study.pdf (2.9 MB)
BlackDiamond_CBT.pdf (505.3 KB)

If you have any questions for us as to how we can help you upgrade your current system, please let us know! You can reach us at info@surna.com or at 303-993-5271 and we would be happy to start discussing what your goals are for your facility’s environment.

7 Likes

We are using Surna closed loop systems. All and all they work well, my main suggestion is don’t go with the Surna dehumidifiers, use Quest or better yet look into Anden manufactures… With the Anden, you can open up a panel and run a computer check on faulty components, each component is plug and play so once you know faulty component you can order new one, unplug faulty component and plug new one into circuit board. Anyone can fix these units themselves.

Also, be sure to get a contractor that installs these systems, we made the mistake of getting the lowest priced contractor. Our pipes condensate and leak everywhere do to a crappy insulation job and when power goes out the reservoir overflows do to leaks throughout system. Go with a pro

6 Likes

Hi, Lee,

Thank you for providing honest feedback! We second (and reiterate) your advice around working with a qualified contractor for installation, it can’t be overstated. We work very closely with installing contractors, make multiple site visits, and commission systems in addition to the engineering and equipment that we provide, and we’re happy to speak with installing contractors any of our clients may be considering before they’re hired.

As for dehumidification, we have engineered a new line of fan coils that have options allowing you to cool, heat, and dehumidify all in one unit. They are an efficient addition to any grow space, particularly when paired with heat recovery on the chiller plant. Please let us know if you are interested in learning more about these new fan coils. It may also interest you to know that we have also made some recent revisions to our dehumidifiers that allow them to be far more easily serviced in the field. If you’d like some details on those revisions let us know.

3 Likes